• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

please enlighten me.

F1winner

Registered Users (C)
For those who do CP, i understand when you arrive at the interview centre you find your DS230 & form 122 'waiting' for you, I was wondering if by the time you arrive there the consular officer who has your file already knows everything a bout you in advance or they starting investigating/knowing more a bout you the moment they start interviewing you. For example assuming I have an interview next week at my local consulate and I've several unpaid traffic tickets will they have that information beforehand or they will find out at that particular time they will be interviewing me.
What the AOS procedure, they know all about you before adjudication or during?

hi F1winner ,

i have the same Q. but i do not think that they will have alle information abut you.
your DS230 & form 122 will be in consulate, the consular officer will study your case before the interwiew. so that he have information a but you that will help him to understand the case. und help making decision in your case.

<----------------this is only me opinion ---> it could be right or wrong

They have have all papers you send to KCC (DS-230/DS-122) and they check them with you to make sure that everything is all right before you'll sign the sworn statement. That's it.

They have have all papers you send to KCC (DS-230/DS-122) and they check them with you to make sure that everything is all right before you'll sign the sworn statement. That's it.

So they don't know anything a bout you until you appear there?

don't be scared they don't know anything about you until you sit next to the interviewer and then he opens your file sent by the kcc. however, the kcc has comments on your file because they are the one in charge of your file at the begining. so if u have been in the state before expect getting hard questions. you have to know your file by heart. and know what to answer what i suggest for is that you study your file and if u expect any such kind of question ask lawyers what to tell. prepare yourself.
and about the unpaid ticket they have no way to know it. and they don't care.
they only care if you have worked illigaly or overstayed in the us or you have stated false statement in your forms. that's it

so if u have been in the state before expect getting hard questions
Don't tell ppl such shit. In most cases they ask absolutely nothing and the "interview" is finished withut minutes.

watch your mouth and be polite when you place a comment.
we are expressing our opinion in this froum we are not fighting here.
we might be right as we might be wrong.
if you have something so sure about let us learn from your experience tell us details.

every case is different from the other and if he has some concerns about his case he has rights to ask and he has the right to listen to different opininons and it's up to him to see.
and i wish the best for every one.:eek:

don't be scared they don't know anything about you until you sit next to the interviewer and then he opens your file sent by the kcc. however, the kcc has comments on your file because they are the one in charge of your file at the begining. so if u have been in the state before expect getting hard questions. you have to know your file by heart. and know what to answer what i suggest for is that you study your file and if u expect any such kind of question ask lawyers what to tell. prepare yourself.
they only care if you have worked illigaly or overstayed in the us or you have stated false statement in your forms. that's it

thanks for the info, suppose i quit going to school this semester and i attend the interview in september obviously by then i will be out of status, are you implying they will know this the moment you sit next to them?

my spouse an i live here usa are you suggesting that if i go to the consulate and tell them my wife will follow me later there is no way they can detect that she is out of status? (she was f1 stopped school and will be doing cp alone).

and tell them my wife will follow me later there is no way they can detect that she is out of status? (she was f1 stopped school and will be doing cp alone).
For sure they no all visa an applicant ever had and they will see that she is out of status.

there is a very importante point that you guys have to pay attention to:
in the forms that you have submitted to the Kcc you gave them details about your education, places where you have lived, if you have visited usa or no what your are doing right now and so on.
so the officer will basically examine what you have said in your application and will ask question based on what you have filled in the application if he see that in any way there IS an unconsistency between what you have filled in the forms and what you are telling him at the time of the interview then he would be sure that you made a false statement in your forms and you will be denied the VISA.
OTHERWISE he has no way to know for example that you have unpaid parking ticket, or that you have worked illigaly in usa and so on. so basicaly you have to know exactly what you have filled in your forms and prepare for the question that he may ask you.
oh by the way if you have overstayed in the us by one day he will notice that either by your passport, i20, or transcript very easy for them to figure it out.
last year a freind of mine won the lottery and he was an f1 he opted for a cp and in the interview the officer noticed that there was a gap in his education background between 2005- and 2006 and he asked the question what were doing in usa for the whole year? my freind was surpprised that he did notice that in that short period the intervew was and he told he was on OPT. and then the officer told him can you prove it. and thanks to god my freind had with him the card to prove it and he was rescued and he was granted the visa.
so all in all prepare yourself for any unexpected question cause nobody no your case better then u ask lawyers about your fears ask former f1 winners and read immigration forums they are helpful.
good luck.