Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EAD

altoid

Registered Users (C)
What happens if your H1 expires just a couple of weeks after filing for I-485? If you don not get EAD in time are you out of status? I f my employer has no problems with my situation, am I safe? Till how long am I safe?

No Title

Once you have filed 485 you remain in status till case is adjudicated. However you cannot continue to work without valid H1 or EAD.

Thanks!

Will there be any problems later if my EAD gets unduly delayed and I am not able to work for a long time?

No Title

If you don\'t get EAD approval within 90 days of RD you can walk into your local INS and get it immediately.

from www.immihelp.com

"If the non-immigrant visa status is expiring after filing adjustment of status application and before receiving EAD, the person can still work but the employer may be fined by allowing unauthorized person to work."

The quote from immihelp does not make any sense

This statement conflicts itself. On the one hand, it says the alien can still work; on the other hand, it says work is unauthorized. A non-immigrant needs work authorization to work legally in the US. If you don\'t have H1B or EAD, it\'s unauthorized work. Wait for your EAD or have your employer file an new H1B. As long as you file your H1B, you can still legal work for the same company!