Please clarify. I am totally confused.

sunnicool6

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus
My I130 petition for my son is approved and I received the approval notice and after 3 weeks NVC assigned a case number mdr XXXXXX. What should I do next . Please clarify.
When I checked the NVC automated message.. It is recorded as ,NVC has entered the case into the system on DATE xxxx and assigned a case number mdr xxxxxx . Allow 6 to 8 weeks to send info to the lawyer.. What does this mean. What should I do next. Please clarify. I am totally confused.
Did I hear the message correctly.
HELP GURUS. I MISS MY SON:eek:

NVC will send your lawyer instructions regarding next steps. Are you a US citizen filing for a minor son?

Yes RKM . I am US Citizem. What does lawyers instructions mean. Please throw some light

Yes RKM . I am US Citizem. What does lawyers instructions mean. Please throw some light. What should i do next. Please clarify

Did you use a lawyer? If not, NVC will send you instructions for more paperwork on the next steps to process your son's immigrant visa at the US consulate. You should receive those instructions in the next 3-6 weeks. Once you complete the required paperwork, the consulate will schedule an interview for your son. Is he a minor (< 18 years old)? Who is he living with abroad?

Hi Gurus
He is a minor and he is 15 years old living with grandparents, Yes when filing I130 I used the Lawyer and filed form G-28 as Petitioner. I read in some forum that , If G-28 is filed ,there is no need to submit DS 3032 form. Is that right? Please clarify. Will all the documents and noticed sent to the lawyers ,including my son’s papers. Will the lawyer need to send those papers to my son via of me. Please let me know. He is going to be 16 this month. Does he need to take Police clearance as well?
Thanks in Advance Gurus

Hi Gurus
He is a minor and he is 15 years old living with grandparents, Yes when filing I130 I used the Lawyer and filed form G-28 as Petitioner. I read in some forum that , If G-28 is filed ,there is no need to submit DS 3032 form. Is that right? Please clarify. Will all the documents and noticed sent to the lawyers ,including my son’s papers. Will the lawyer need to send those papers to my son via of me. Please let me know. He is going to be 16 this month. Does he need to take Police clearance as well?
Thanks in Advance Gurus

Why don't you ask your lawyer? You are paying him for his expertise on exactly these type of issues.

Hi Gurus
Believe me This Lawyers doesn't know much. I got lot of information from this Website and I gave her some updates. She tells everything different. I paid her $1200 without much help. when I call ,she will not attend the phone and some times she attends the phone and will say I have to look into it. I find this place more usefull than wasting time with the lawyer. Even I have to call the lawyers and say that my 130 is approved and when I asked the lawyers what is the next processes ,the lawyer mentioned that she need to check. So this is my situation. Please clarify.

In that case you should fire the lawyer ASAP, withdraw the G-28 and let NVC and USCIS know that you will be dealing with your son's case. NVC will then contact you for further processing the case.
Do you have a copy of I-130 approval notice? Why did you hire this lawyer to begin with? I-130 is a very simple application.

I have a curtsey copy. That is the reason i am trying to gather info . Please help in clarifying my questions