Please call tier 2 operators

dengdeng

Registered Users (C)
For those have done second fp, please call tier 2 operators. Let's compile the answers.

wxz, did his 2nd fp in August, answer is pending background check.

I did mine in Sep, answer is case pending.

My guess is when sceduled 2nd fp date has passed, BCIS assigns your case to an officer again, issues another background check(for most ppl, come back in 3 days), then approves the case. A background check could mean they are processing your case. Just make sure ask for the exact date background check was issued.

same 800 number, just ask for tier 2.

tell them your 2nd fp is not updated, want to speak to tier 2.
or some other reasons.

don't ask for case status, tier 1 won't transfer you.

It's very easy to get through to tier 2.

Dengdeng, I support your theory about 2nd FP...

But I think they don't assign a case to an officer immediately after 2nd FP.

I'd read something about '60 days hold for FP' on this forum. Maybe it means 60 days after the 2nd FP notice was issued. The scheduled FP date is usually 30 days after they issue the notice. And say additional 30 days to receive FP results from FBI.

And then it goes through another security check. In my case, I spoke to 2nd tier on 14th Nov (around that time) and I was told that they were doing security check and it takes a long time. See my case details in the signature for FP dates.

Dengdeng, are you sure it takes only 3 days for security check?
Does that mean that we'll hear something soon? Maybe today?? :cool:

vidongre, I know it's 60 days after the 2nd fp issued, which is roughly 1 month after the scheduled fp date.

do you know when they started the check?

If your name does not hit, 3 days, name hit 1 month, further investigation, forever.

vidongre, when was your scheduled fp date? 10/8? Mine is 10/10.
I talked to tier 2 on Nov 14, and they didn't mention security check at all. :(

can you tell me when was the fp issued for you?

Yes 10/08 was the scheduled date

and we could not do early FP - so did it on that day.
Don't know when the notice was issued - we received it on 09/15

No idea when background check was started

She just said that it takes a long time :(

Also don't know when the FP notice was issued - we received it on 09/15

Usually from issue to your receive it takes about 14 days. So yours is generated around 9/5.

Have you called Tier 2 before? is this the first time you call them?

If you call again, they should be able to tell you when the background check was issued. can you do that? thanks!

Called just now but the operator refused to to transfer to 2 tier, I called them about my I-131 (AP) applic.

This time BCIS really screwed me, well they have been screwing me for past 2-3 years but this times these ass*** have exceeded their boundaries, my AP is pending for 75 days and so far no F**** clue, initiated inquiry 2 weeks back no clue, it is just liek black hole.... no emotions nothing.....

Same applies for the EAD, current one expiring in December and so far no news for the renewal.....

My ticket is for 1 week of Dec. and no way I guess I can make the trip now, they just want you to rot here and keep thinking about the pending cases...

First there was delay for 485 and now there is delay for everything...

I am going Newark this Monday to see if they can issue me AP as it is clearly their fault not mine, but I will see if they understand otherwise I will just wait here....

forum123, when you called tier 1, don't mention you're calling for case status, directly say I want to talk to tier 2, if they ask why, just tell them my 2nd fp is not updated online for months, can I talk to tier 2.

I have no problem transferring to tier 2 for several times.

It was 2nd time I spoke to tier-2.

The IIO mentioned that it's taking around 24 months to process I-485 and then she looked at our RD and said - yours should be around the corner. Then she pulled the record and told me about the background check being performed. She said she could not tell exactly how long it would take - but it takes a long time.

I would prefer to wait for another month before I call IIO/tier 2 again.

Is there anyone else with similar case?

It was in Oct. after 2nd FP was done

I'd asked about them receiving our 2nd FP results -
The reply was - they didn't see anything.

Apart from that - "The case was pending".

2nd time when I called, I asked about FP results - she could not see it either. Our online message is also not updated.

timeline for 2nd fp

xxx - 2nd fp issued
xxx + half month - received 2nd fp
xxx + 1 month - scheduled 2nd fp date
xxx + 2 months - case reassigned to officer, background check starts

Just Spoke with a Tier 2 Officer...

DengDeng,

I just called and spoke with Tier2 Officer. She told my case got delayed due to the RFE, now everything looks ok on the case and it's on FBI check right now. Once they hearback from them only they can proceed.

She also said it may take another 60 days to hear anything(Standard Reply..)

RD:11/08/2001
ND:12/06/2001
FP1: FEB'02
RFE received by INS on Jun'10 2003
FP2:09/08/2003( actually sheduled on Jul'03 where the person who took in the local office scerewed it up).

AD: ???

Can you guess how long it may take..?

Thanks,
Kanna_2001

Just spoke to Tier2, I did not ask anything about the background check etc, I just got my address confirmed as I had not received any response from them after AR-11, the officer was very nice and courteous she confirmed my address and above all she confirmed my Alien# anamoly which I came to know about 2 months back that my Alien# changed, I was worried for that but now they have the 'New' alien# tied to my 485 application......I asked her about AP too and she said that she is going to send a report for it and maybe I will get lucky......

Sometime I think you get hold of really nice people, I guess spirit of holidays:) ..... I was very much worried about the Alien# and address change confirmation and she confirmed it.....

dengdeng,

Just call but did not allowed to talk to tier2. The answer was, they does not prevail information on fingerprints. I think what she mentioned was interesting that Online message get update once your FP result in cleared. I dont know how much to believe on this guys.

One more question does your fp got update.

Everyone,

Please mention your online status on 2nd FP,

Update or Not Update?

This will help us to analyize the 2nd mistery.

Last edited by a moderator: