Please answer this its very urgent!!

sudhasri

Registered Users (C)
My wife came to USA one year back and after she came here we applied for her H-4 extension

as it was expired on Oct'03.

In the mean time, we planned to apply for her H-1. By the time we didn't get her H-4

approved, the employer applied her H-1(H1B1) as "Petition For a NonImmigrant Worker" in

Jun'04, which is be issued for Visa at abroad(India).

While the employer was applying her H-1, she got her H-4 approved with extended I-94.

Now she got her H-1 also approved, but without I-94 attached to that.

When we went to SSN office for SSN number, they have asked for I-94 with Visa class as H-1

NOT H-4.

Is there a way to get I-94 for the new H-1 as she is already in US?

Is there a way to transfer or merge her H4 and H1 and have a H1 status with I-94?

Please suggest any other alternatives.

very urgent please suggest

My wife came to USA one year back and after she came here we applied for her H-4 extension

In the mean time, we planned to apply for her H-1. By the time we didn't get her H-4

approved, the employer applied her H-1(H1B1) as "Petition For a NonImmigrant Worker" in

While the employer was applying her H-1, she got her H-4 approved with extended I-94.

When we went to SSN office for SSN number, they have asked for I-94 with Visa class as H-1

NOT H-4.

Is there a way to transfer or merge her H4 and H1 and have a H1 status with I-94?

sudhasri said:

----- SSN office is correct in asking I-94 based on H1 and H4 cany get SSN
NOT H-4.

----- she has to go out of US then get H1Visa stamp then enter on H1b status and she will get I-94 based on H1
--read above