Please Advise

JCS

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am a Landed immigrant in Canada(Indian Citizen)and arrived 2 months back.
I need to visit US.I have been rejected visitor visa earlier for US to attend a conference (from India).
Will there be any problem in getting into US now?I understand that I don\'t need a visa to enter US.Does that mean I won\'t have any problems getting in?
Can anybody advise regarding this please.
JC

Hi
I am a Landed immigrant in Canada(Indian Citizen)and arrived 2 months back.
I need to visit US.I have been rejected visitor visa earlier for US to attend a conference (from India).
Will there be any problem in getting into US now?I understand that I don\'t need a visa to enter US.Does that mean I won\'t have any problems getting in?
Can anybody advise regarding this please.
JC

No Title

The answer actually depends on the mode of travel. If you are flying then be prepared to convince the INS of the reason for your travel. Depending on the reason the officer may or may not allow you into the US. When leaving airports like Toronto / Montreal / Vancouver the US immigration happens in the airport of departure itself. This is known as PFI - pre-flight inspections. The officers have routinely denied entry for valid passengers in the past.

Now if you travel by road the questioning may not be tough but could get tougher based on your response for travel into USA. It is possible that the boreder control personnel to arrive to some conclusions based on your reply. Sometimes they ask to see in the car, inspect the trunk etc... which might give more clues to the amount of baggage you are carrying. For example if you are planning for a 2 day trip and carry 4 big suitcases, it sure does raise some questions why for a 2 day trip you require that kind of baggages.

Anyway be truthful to the questioning. Never give information unless asked for. Your rejection for a visitor visa will not be the reason for denial of entry now. Some people I know tried to cross into the US while being a landed immigrant and did not have a job in Canada. They were turned back. It is advisable to have pay stubs, rental contract (if renting a home), or mortagage information handy when you travel. These documents can show evidence of your status in Canada and the intent to return back to Canada. You should obviously carry the passport and landing paper nevertheless.

Well there might be other cases that would have travelled into the US without the precautions that I have mentioned. Your mileage might vary. This is not to be construed as legal advice.

Thanks

p4waitin

Thanks a lot

Thank you very much for your advice.It was very helpful to me.
Thanks a lot
JCS

Please Suggest Reliable and good lawyer for candian PR

Can anyone successful in candian PR, suggest me the name(e-mail) of a reliable and Trusted lawyer firm who are good and economical in Canada PR processing .As Iam in USA on H1B and planning to apply for PR . I will grateful to you for this help.

My email is sriking70@hotmail.com

Thanks

Sri

Landed recently in Canada as an immigrant

Hi,

Recently landed in Canada with my spouse and child , stayed there for 7 days and then came back to USA.

When I was coming back to USA thru FORT ERIE by car the officer did not stamp anything on my passport. So there is no evidence that I have left Canada.

During my stay I applied for SIN also and opened a bacnk account in canada

My question is to you folks

in this case when I will go to canada next time, can\'t I always tell the immigration officer that I left Canada only few days back and thus did not violate 183 days PR status.

I am on H1 in USA, in green card process and so wants to work in USA. Canada immigration was only for safety.

Please let me know your suggestions and views about maintaining PR status in canada without filing for returning resident permit.

No Title

Hi sriking,

trust me . you don\'t need to spend $2000 om lawyer. You can file for immigration yourself provided you have valid papers.

I did myself , for my wife and son. I am now a landed immigrant of Canada but now in USA with H1B

How long it took for you to get PR

Anish,

Can u pls tell me from which post u applied for Canada PR and how long it took for u to get the Canada Permanent Residentship.

Thanks.

No Title

Hi ,

It took roughly 6 months with medical exam and everything. I applied in Buffalo.

Meanwhile my baby was born , so I had to include his name also.

I got my immigration very recently.

No Title

When you entred USA thru Fort Erie by car YOUR CAR PLATE WAS Flashed by INS and if Canada immigration want the record they can get it, but normaly they do not care about it and try to get it,but if they ask you in future you should never lie to Canada immigration about your Exit date.If they find out that you have lied you will be in trouble in these times.

Did you apply while being in the US?

Hi. You are smarter that I was. When I got my PR in Canada, I was already working on an L-1 visa in Chicago, so I went to Toronto and explained that I had to finish my project in the US. They said that I had to request a Return Permit. But I didn\'t have the brain to open an account and get a Soc Security number. So when they checked my process they said I hadn\'t shown proof ob having links with Canda and I lost it !!! Yes . Blame on me.
Now I want to apply again but the prerecorded message says that I have to apply in Buffalo and that it is taking up to 15 months...
Where and when did you start the process?
Thanks and good luck!

Please advise?

How long does it take for Buffalo to response,
after you get the AOR receipt in mail to respond with
medical papers etc.?

Thanks.