• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please advise!!!!!!

waore

I was selected for further processing of US green card lottery, I live in the UK on an expired visa, my worry is when called for interview I will be unable to produce certificate of good conduct from UK and can be in a position to get one from my country of birth, please please advise me.

Hi to everybody,

I was selected for further processing in the 2012 DV lottery with CN:2012AF00003XXX. I submitted the forms and photographs to KCC as required to do so. I commenced earlier on in the year to enroll onto a graduate program in the UK this September. I indicated on the form that I want my interview to be held at the US Embassy in my native country because yet to get entry clearance to the UK. From the look of things, I will be applying for my Tier 4 General Student Visa early July(the school sent me a visa letter), meaning that I might be moving to the UK this September for a year long graduate studies program. My fear is that, the issuance of DV Visa starts October 1, 2011, at which time I might be in the UK. In this case, will KCC transfer my case to the US Embassy in the UK upon my request from?

Can anyone please help me with some explanation because I want to know what my odds are so that I may or may not continue the processing of my case.

Thank you in advance for your response

Last edited by a moderator:
I was selected for further processing of US green card lottery, I live in the UK on an expired visa, my worry is when called for interview I will be unable to produce certificate of good conduct from UK and can be in a position to get one from my country of birth, please please advise me.

Where are you planning to have your interview? You need to have a valid visa in order to process your visa application through the U.S. embassy in London. Getting the police certificate will not be a problem since they will only check their records to find out if you have committed any crime while staying in the UK. It does not include any illegal stays.

Hi to everybody,

I was selected for further processing in the 2012 DV lottery with CN:2012AF00003XXX. I submitted the forms and photographs to KCC as required to do so. I commenced earlier on in the year to enroll onto a graduate program in the UK this September. I indicated on the form that I want my interview to be held at the US Embassy in my native country because yet to get entry clearance to the UK. From the look of things, I will be applying for my Tier 4 General Student Visa early July(the school sent me a visa letter), meaning that I might be moving to the UK this September for a year long graduate studies program. My fear is that, the issuance of DV Visa starts October 1, 2011, at which time I might be in the UK. In this case, will KCC transfer my case to the US Embassy in the UK upon my request from?

Can anyone please help me with some explanation because I want to know what my odds are so that I may or may not continue the processing of my case.

Thank you in advance for your response

Just wait to see if you will get your Tier-4 General Student Visa, then you can think of where to have your interview. You can change the location of your interview once you are not current by contacting KCC. If you are current before deciding to change your interview location, you have to contact the relevant embassies/consulate involved.

i dont think you violating UK visa terms will have any negative effect on your DV process, unless you'll brag about it. I suggest not to hesitate and do CP at your country of origin!