Please advise

UKEB1

Hi all,

I am new to here. My wife wish to find a lawyer for EB-1a and NIW. Here is her summary,

An outstanding scientist, 6+ years post-doc experience, with 50+ publications in the world-top journals (with high impact factors), one US patent, many publication citations (100+), review and referee invitations (10+) and a regular referee for IOP (Institute of Physics), one international media report and several national awards and one fellowship.

I tried to search aila, but there are not many choices on experts of EB-1a.
For those who has been succesful in EB-1a, Would you kindly please recommend your laywers including their contacts? You could email me personally if you wish.

The other question is, do we need to print out all her papers and citations? There will be 400-500 pages thick and it is too heavy to post. If use e-file, do they accept pdf files?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi all,

I am new to here. My wife wish to find a lawyer for EB-1a and NIW. Here is her summary,

An outstanding scientist, 6+ years post-doc experience, with 50+ publications in the world-top journals (with high impact factors), one US patent, many publication citations (100+), review and referee invitations (10+) and a regular referee for IOP (Institute of Physics), one international media report and several national awards and one fellowship. EXCELLENT CAREER FROM THIS DESCRIPTION, I THINK U DONT EVEN NEED A LAWYER. DO YOURSELF.
For those who has been succesful in EB-1a, Would you kindly please recommend your laywers including their contacts? You could email me personally if you wish. HOW ABOUT RAJEEV KHANNA OR DAVID MORRIS. BOTH ARE IN WASHINGTON DC METROThe other question is, do we need to print out all her papers and citations? There will be 400-500 pages thick and it is too heavy to post. WELL IT MAY SOUND WEIRD BUT I DID THAT. MY FILE GOT 8 INCH THINK, SO I USED A DATA BINDER (COSTS $2, ARE BASICALLY 2 HARD SHEETS WITH VERY LONG TIES WHICH CAN ACCOMODATE A LOT OF PAPERS). HIGHLIGHT YOUR REFERENCE WITHIN TEXT AS WELL AS IN BIB. IF IT IS QUOTED EXTENSIVELY THEN IT IS BETTER. FOR EXAMPLE IN MY CASE MANY CITATIONS QUOTED BY SAYING. XXX ET AL. SHOWED THIS FOR THF FIRST TIME, OR FIRST REPORT FROM XXX ET AL... I BELIEVE IN GIVING THEM ALL THE PROOFS THEY WANT NOW OR MAY WANT IN FUTURE, SINCE GREEN ACRD IS A LENGTHY PROCESS. DONT WORRY OF POSTAGE AFTER SPENDING 1000S OF DOLLARS ON APPLICATION FEES IF YOU DO BY YOURSELF OR COUPLE MORE 1000S IF YOU ASK LAWYER TO DO IT FOR YOU, SPENDING ANOTHER EXTRA 15 DOLLARS WONT PINCH YOU. SO EVEN IF YOU SPEND $20 INSTEAD OF $10 YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERWISE SPENT WHAT DIFFERENCE IT MAKES.If use e-file, do they accept pdf files? NO THEY DONT ACCEPT PDFS, YOU HAVE TO SEND THE DOCS AS PAPER COPY LATER ALONG WITH E-CONFIRMATION. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

An outstanding scientist, 6+ years post-doc experience, with 50+ publications in the world-top journals (with high impact factors), one US patent, many publication citations (100+), review and referee invitations (10+) and a regular referee for IOP (Institute of Physics), one international media report and several national awards and one fellowship.

For those who has been succesful in EB-1a, Would you kindly please recommend your laywers including their contacts? You could email me personally if you wish.

The other question is, do we need to print out all her papers and citations? There will be 400-500 pages thick and it is too heavy to post. If use e-file, do they accept pdf files?

It is not uncommon to send petitions with 400-500 pages. fedex will accept it. It is just little bit more money. I don't think they will accept the pdf attchment. Otherwise everybody will send all the supporting documents as attachment.

With her Cv I don't think there will be any problem. She can do it herself also. This forum is full of helpful suggestions.

I used Stephen Jeffries 212-764-4222.

Has anyone's attorney's here ever advised to do that? I only sent copies of the first page of each of my publications.

Thanks a lot, guys!

Your information is quite useful!

Specail thanks to mogambo1, ajasha and NIW_Engineer!

I would try to contact your guys suggested lawyers.

This forum is really useful and I wish to come back regularly.

Attorney

I would suggest that she apply for both EB-1A and NIW. I used attorney Ramasamy Krishnan out of Houston, TX. www.ashleykrishnan.com. Specializes in EB-1/NIW petitions. If you want his contact info I can provide it.

Apply overseas

Thanks, NIW2,

One more question is, we wish to apply overseas right now. Rather than we after our arrival to the US.

Does this make any difference?

Anybody has the similar experience?

I would suggest that she apply for both EB-1A and NIW. I used attorney Ramasamy Krishnan out of Houston, TX. www.ashleykrishnan.com. Specializes in EB-1/NIW petitions. If you want his contact info I can provide it.

Thanks, NIW2,

One more question is, we wish to apply overseas right now. Rather than we after our arrival to the US.

Ah... then you're talking about Consular Processing (CP) rather than Adjustment of Status (AOS). You have to indicate that preference in the I-140. Apparently, the security check performed by the State Department in an overseas consulate is much quicker than the one performed by the FBI here in the US. Get an attorney who knows CP and make sure your US consulate accepts CP.
More information here:
http://www.imminfo.com/library/acI140exp.html

Thanks, NIW2,

Hi UKEB1,

regarding the i-140 petition, as NIW2 says, the only difference is that you have to check the box for 'consular processing' rather than 'adjustment of status'. that's for what happens after i-140 is approved.
i'm doing the same thing - going for eb1 and then consular processing. but from the US (after approval i have to go back home for interview). from i-140 to consular interview should take ~ 6 months.

good luck
vg