Please Advise- What Forms Are Required For Sponsoring Parents?

USCITZNHOPEFUL

Registered Users (C)
Hello all!

Please tell me, what forms do I need to sponsor my parents? I am a recently naturalized US citizen and I would like to have my parents come live with us permanently in the US. They both reside overseas.

Is it I-130 that I need? Would I need to file the I-485 along with the I-130?

Thanks much. All information and advise is gratefully appreciated.

Hello all!

Please tell me, what forms do I need to sponsor my parents? I am a recently naturalized US citizen and I would like to have my parents come live with us permanently in the US. They both reside overseas.

Is it I-130 that I need? Would I need to file the I-485 along with the I-130?

Thanks much. All information and advise is gratefully appreciated.

You have to decide on whether you want them to wait at their country of residence OR if you want them to come to the US right away.

If they come to the US, they can come on a tourist visa and apply for an adjustment of status (I-485) and also apply for an I-130 (petition for alien relative).

If they stay where they are, it might take longer since they would have to wait until a visa number is issued and they can receive it at the local embassy of their country of residence.

Does this answer your questions ?
:D

I would like to apply for my parents and my parents are here. How long it takes to get approved? They have time till Dec end.

I would like to apply for my parents and my parents are here. How long it takes to get approved? They have time till Dec end.

I doubt they will get GC's before the end of December with the backlog of apllications pending....

It usually takes about 7 to 8 months (my experience). So, let's say you apply now for your parents, it will be sometime March 2009 but don't quote me on this..... we have seen people get their GC in a couple of months or a couple of years. :cool:

Need Help Please With I-130 Section 'c' Question 17

Pls advise;

To the question on I-130 'List husband/wife and all children of your relative'....
I am doing the I-130 for my mother. My parents divorced 3 yrs ago but are not remarried. Do I still list my father as her 'husband' in this question, although they are divorced? or should I leave it blank and just list the children? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Pls advise;

To the question on I-130 'List husband/wife and all children of your relative'....
I am doing the I-130 for my mother. My parents divorced 3 yrs ago but are not remarried. Do I still list my father as her 'husband' in this question, although they are divorced? or should I leave it blank and just list the children? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your help!

I-130 has space for prior husband and prior wife.. I think that will go under that and not present husband/wife.

This is so confusing to me.....please help with any advice if you have gone thru the I-130 process.

I want to petition for my parents who are both outside the USA. Please let me know a list of all the documents I would need to file along with I-130. Which affidavit of support do I use? I keep finding new forms every time I try to research about the I-130! PLS HELP! I AM GOING CRAAAZZYYYY! :(

Thanks so much.