Please Advise: Weird thing happened?

parth_01945

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
I got approved in Nov, 2004 and got my GC Dec 2004. Today I got 5 emails saying my case has been approved. 3 out of 5 emails are from CIS and 2 are from USCIS-CSSO. I have no clue. Since I already have my GC for past 6 months. What should I do?

"Current Status:

This case has been approved. On May 12, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

parth_01945 said:
Hi Folks,
I got approved in Nov, 2004 and got my GC Dec 2004. Today I got 5 emails saying my case has been approved. 3 out of 5 emails are from CIS and 2 are from USCIS-CSSO. I have no clue. Since I already have my GC for past 6 months. What should I do?

"Current Status:

This case has been approved. On May 12, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Check this link. may give some info...

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_vscmis.html

Thanks for the article... We got all the papers in mail (me and my lawyer). So should I just ignore it? or should I bring the notice to the local service center?

Thanks

There have been a lot of posts in this forum on this recently. In case the approval date on the notice is different from the one you recvd earlier, it maybe a good idea to mail either the notice or a copy back with a copy of the GC. That is what was told to people who called up. In my case I got the email and am waiting to see what the notice says.

Rgds,

Yeppo

Thanks yeppo,
I haven't received a letter yet. But in case If I mail it. Who should I mail the documents?

Thanks

Hi Guys,
I received the notice in mail. All the dates (PD, AD) matches but It doesn't talk about any approval date and the notice date says may 12, 2005. Also notice date is the date when this notice was issues. Right?

Is it ok?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply from My Attroney

>He can ignore that. What happened is VSC finally realized the problem
>it was having that I-485 approval notices were not being sent to
>attorneys, due to a system problem. So they are resending approvals in
>a large number of cases so the attorneys get their copies. If the
>applicant gets a dupilicate too it can be ignored. Nothing changes
>about the validity of the first approval notice.

Welcome Notice vs Approval Notice

Guys

I am travelling in the same boat. Have logged back to the forum after a long time after I got the notice - kind of reapproving the case.

My only worry was not to lose the date since when I am a resident. That affects the citizenship application - when the time comes. So I have analyzed the previous notice and the current one. This what I realized:

1. The RD and PD are the same. The notice Date is different - for the obviuos reason that the new notice is issued now.
2. There is no mention of the Approval date - so unless they send the new card with the "Resident Since" date different from the card we already have - there is I guess no reason to worry.
3. Last, but not the least, the new notice mentions Notice Type as "Welcome Notice" whereas the old notice type was "Approval Notice".

So I guess they are just trying to catch-up on the last step in the process - sending out the "Welcome Notice" for all the approved cases. I would just wait for the actual card - if that comes at all.

Ciao.

I think you are worrying too much. The approval notice is more valuable then the welcome notice obviously. Anyway My guess is this is just a formality since our status is already circulated in this system.

I don't think is should cause any problem. So enjoy your freedom...