PLEASE ADVISE Praent' visa rejected is it good to get letter from congressman/senator

Kalpesh

Hi,
My dad (who is 60 yrs) and mom applied for Visitor's visa twice at mumbai consulate. Both the tme they were ask to personnalyy come for interview even though they applied via mail initially. The consular officer rejected their application with 214 (b) clause "intend to immigrate". Our family owns a business in India and my dad is actively involved with it , also both of my parents don't have any intend to immigrate to US. But in the interview he was not given a chance to explain about his business, in short that indeed he is going to come back.

Now they can only apply through drop box. What I would like to know would it help in application process to get a letter from congressman or sentor. Preferably from whom the letter should be obtained?

Has anyone been successfully with similar case histroy in getting visa for their parents by getting a letter from congressman or senator.
PLEASE provide any information or advise if any one has on this matter.

Will really appreciate.

Thanks,
-Kalpesh

whts your status here???

Are your siblings in India???

Wht questions were they asked????

wht was the time gap between two applications???

I think these are the main points consulate considers.........

pls let us know the details.....

Thx

Granting of visitors visas specially at Mumbai consulate has become quite arbitrary of late. Unfortunately a senator or congressman can be of little help. Consular officers have the discretion and final say in who should and should not get visas.

Ask your parents to try again after a few months.

Hi,
Here are more details
I have Green Card since 10/11/01

I have elder brother, who also is involved with family business. But he handles offices which are in Ahmedabad, where as my dad handles offices in Surat. Also my elder sister is married and younger sister stays (she is a dependent on) with my parents.

The gap between both interviews was 1 1/2 months.
In first interview:
Questions asked were mostly pertaining to our business. The consulare also asked for business card, my dad didn't had that with him. So somewhat that didn't convince consular about our business.

In seconds interview.
The Consular aske what documents you have brought, that you didn't have later time. My dad gave hime his bussiness card, the consular show it and just said they are not fit to get visa, without even asking any more questions.

Is it any worth to apply in drop box at mumbai consulate. They have told us to send all documents but not the passports. So does that mean if they have a second opinion they would call my parents again for interview.

Let me if anyone has apllied in mail box successfuuly at mumbai consulate and does it help to get a letter from congressman senator

Thanks,
-Kalpesh

update ?

hi Kalpesh,

I am also in same position. My parent's got rejected twice
in Mumbai and now they can apply only through mail.

Did you have any luck ? I am interested in getting letter
from Senator.

Please let me know what happened to your parents.

thanks
deepbob