Please advise-Nebraska or Vermont ??

Suren

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 got approved under EB2.I have the choice of applying in Vermont or Nebraska for my I-485.
Please give suggestions..Thanks in advance.

No Title

I thought 485 was geographical...
how come you have a choice..
my labor/140 done in nebraska.
since I moved to NY.. I filed 485 in VSC
I would double check beore filing..

both are working at the same pace.

VSC and NSC are both working at the same pace, VSC is one month a head, but anything can happen in future. Flip a coin and make a choice.

INS Nightmare,
If your head office is in VSC and you work in NSC region, you can start your GC at VSC and apply I-485 at NSC. I am in the same boat, but I applied at VSC.

good luck.

Be careful

Your I-140 must be filed in the region where your company is head-quartered. Your I-485 must only be filed in the region where your job is located, i.e where you go to work everyday.

I have heard of cases where INS refused to accept 485s filed in the wrong region, this wastes time. To be safe, consult a good attorney.

Thanks for the info

Iam applying my I-485 at Vermont.My lawyer told me that Since Iam a contractor it should not be any problem.Iam working in Denver but my company is in Virginia.Thanks for the info

same

My head office is in VSC region, I am in NSC region, I applied everthing at VSC as per my lawyer advice. I did check with some other lawyers too. They said the same.

Hope this is helpful

Thank you sesa99

Thanks for your prompt feedback.
I think I need to wait for 1 year(may be more) to get my I-485.Long wait...

No Title

Until recently, INS let the companies to file in a centralized Service Center for all their immigration needs. So you can work anywhere in the US, but your company files only in one predetermined Service center. But not any more, INS stopped this sometime back (around 6 mnths ago), but if someone\'s 140 is already approved based on previous rules, one has the option to apply 485 at either of the Service center (means, 140 approved SC or region where the person is working now).

This is for only people who got approved 140 from a different SC. Not for everyone.