Please advise: my EB1-A qualification

dfmhyy

Hi,

I am still struggling for which way I should go for, EB1-A or NIW?
My qualifications are:
1. PhD degree from a good university
2. 8 published papers (4 first author and 4 scond author) (good journals: like Macromolecues, Nature Materials)
3. 4 patent applications (1 approved, 3 pending)
4. 3 conference proceedings.
5. 1 book chapter (published, first author)
6. Over 10 conference talks and posters (first author or second)
7. some highlights on several of my papers:
7.1 paper 1: top 20 most downloaded, between 2001-2005 for that journal. 62 citations for this paper only.
7.2 paper 1: My university interviewed with my advisor regarding this paper ant this interview was posted in several places all over the world (on line though)
7.3 paper 2: published in Nature Materials and then in Science's Editor's Choice session, the main idea of that paper was republished.
7.4 paper 3: published in Physical Review B, and then republished in one vitual journal

Someone with experience, please, advise if I have a chance for EB1-A.
Many thanks.

dfmhyy

thanks! DIY or ask Lawyer

thank you for your reply.
I will give a shot for EB1-A.

Haven't decided whether I should do it by myself or I should hire a lawyer to help me. any opinions?

BTW: I try to find a DIY package but can't find the link.
Do you have any valuable resource for that?

Thanks a lot.

No, I had an attorney to do this for me. To me, it is worth to have an attorney, there are so many small things that I overlooked, but they caught those. Plus, it helps with next step too, my two cents..

thank you for your reply.
I will give a shot for EB1-A.

Haven't decided whether I should do it by myself or I should hire a lawyer to help me. any opinions?

BTW: I try to find a DIY package but can't find the link.
Do you have any valuable resource for that?

Thanks a lot.

Pretty good chance but...

Considering your credentials and comparing to a several other posts (with approval), I would say you stand a pretty good chance (>95%). Of course, you can easily screw-up your case if you dont present it properly. Your cover letter can easily clinch it, if you write it up properly.

If you decide to do it yourself, do a lot of research... esp. on these forums. Check out several threads esp. the ones that talks about RFEs and how the people responded to it.

As I mentioned, you should be able to make it but prepare well! Good luck!!!

do i meet this criteria?

thank you (Aroma Kills, Ludhianvi) for your encouragement.

One more question on one criteria for EB1-a

Criteria (3): Published material in professional or major trade publications or major dedia about the alien, relating to the alien's work in the field for which classification is sought, which shall include the title, date, and author or such published material, and any ncessary translation

I am just wondering if I meet this one.
My chances to meet it are:

1) The interview with my advisor regarding my work has bee published on the university's website and then reposted in 3 other international websites (French, Korea, Taiwan) The post did mention my name.
2) The book chapter I wrote for Book A has been re-edited into another book.
3) The main idea (half page) of the paper published in Nature Materials was republished in Science (Editor's choice sesssion)
4) Another paper in PRB was republished in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology

I am not sure if the above 4 items can prove that I qualify the criteria (3) for EB1-a.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

My opinion of the weight of each of the four you mentioned for Criteria (3) are:

1) Light
2) Moderate
3) Very strong
4) Moderate (unless you can demonstrate the criteria they used to select your piece for re-publication; if it's based on selecting outstanding work then Strong.

Either way, you definitely have materials to fit Criterion #3.