Please Advise me...

Sam Mahajan

Registered Users (C)
I applied my I-485 on July 16th 2001. I haven\'t received my approval yet. I don\'t have my EAC Number. My company doesn\'t give out the EAC Number. Does anybody have any idea as to when will I get my Approval. My current assignment ends on 12th April and my company has asked me to start looking elsewhere.

Question: Can I go independent???

Call VSC...

Call VSC at (802)527-4913. You need to try many times before you get the line.Give them your last and first name and they will give your EAC number\'s for I485, EAD and AP if you have applied for all. Hope by this time you have the EAD.

eddyja.

If you have EAD you can

Please tell me that you did the finger printing!

I don’t understand why the company doesn’t give you the EAC. How do you know your RD/ND?

If they want to let you go whats their problem in giving you your EAC? Try pleading. If you have the EAD, you can find another similar job.

That’s harassment dude!

Try the VSC 1-800 no and tell them your situation - ask them for the EAD no. Also, you should have g

If you have the I485 receipt notice..

If you have the I485 recipt notice(INS issues one when they get your I485 application), you can take that to your local INS and get the EAD. But please note, though it is nothing harmful, check with your attorney and the local INS, before doing this. Boston INS issues the EAD, if you have the I485 receipt.

Going independant, you need your EAD.

Raj

No Title

Thanks

Yes my fingetprinting was done on Dec 28th 2001. I talked to the legal dept in my company and they just won\'t give me the EAC Number, they just keep telling me that it\'s not a company policy to give out EAC Numbers. Well they haven\'t told me that they will let go off me but they\'ve hinted it and looking at what they are doing with other people it seems the max they are giving is a 2 week beach period.

the FP notice, like any other application, carries an EAC #, that doesn\'t mean it\'s the same as th

If you do know you have an EAD, then just call VSC and request a duplicate of the card and notice, otherwise apply for EAD asap (I belive you can do that by yourself) and you should receive it in about 2 months.
Don\'t accept employment without authorization, you could run into major trouble with your 485 by doing so.

my 2 cents

v.v.