Please advise, Important!!!

mydata

Hi All,

I have recently (just couple of weeks ago) filed my 485 in EB2 category and also applied for AP and EAD. So far I have not received anything. I do have a valid VISA stamped on my passport, which is not going to expire till May 2002. Now the scenario is this, I have to visit my home country "immediately" for almost a month (some personal family issue). Can I visit my home country; while I don\'t have approved AP and EAD, but do have a valid VISA stamped on my passport for next one year .

Thanks & Best Regards,
Sandy
mydata@hotmail.com

No Title

yes u can visit ..no problem !! when did you apply ? i applied on feb 8 and no receits till date .what about u?

No Title

Hi,
From what I have read on this board, u do need those documents to enter the country.
Your lawyer should get the RD from INS soon.Using the receipt, u should be able to go to the local INS office and get an AP.
Normally, if u enter using the H1 visa, your I485 appliaction can be considered void/abandoned.

Please read up on other posts on this discussion board and talk to ur lawyer.
Hope this helps.Goodluck!

SSC

No Title

I traveled outside the US in Jan end, and my ND is 1/11/01. If you are traveling on your H1 then its a good idea to keep your 485 receipt handy. They may or may not ask for it. If they don\'t then you don\'t need to volunteer. They didn\'t ask me and I didn\'t present it. But there have been cases where they have asked for it. The immigration officers at the airport can actually know whether or not you have filed for 485, but its up to him to dig in. It won\'t affect your 485 application in either case.

No Title

I also travelled to india after applying for I-485 without AP or EAD with no problem. I asked immigration officer if he needs to see i-485 receipt. He said no its not required.