Please advice

amma2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Greetings to all!

I'm currently working on H1B and filed for my GC(labor) in Nov2001 and I observe that it's not moving at all. People are advising me to apply for Canadian PR. Here's the gist of my background.

-MCA(Masters in Computer Applications) from India
-Have 6 yrs of IT exp(out of which 4 yrs from US)
-Did a Diploma in French Language from a University in India

I really appreciate if someone could help me out on the following issues

-How many stages are there and how long does it take to complete the whole process

-Do I need an attorney/agency to apply for Canadian PR as one may have to do a lot of paper work that needs to be done carefully(can anyone suggest authentic & reliable agency names)

-Do I need experience letters from all the previous employers

-How much assets should one show and when(along with the application or can we do that later). Does it have to be in the form of bank balance until the PR process is done/ can they be assessed(like car etc)

-Do I have to take any exams(like TOEFL etc.,)

Thanks for your time

Regards,
SK

P.S: How about Australian PR....I have no idea!!!!!!!

Do I have to take any exams(like TOEFL etc.,)

NO NO NO it is not required . if you are graduation and post graduation in english it is not at all required. as far as people from india i know u can score as 'flunet in english'

good luck

address

Hi folks,

thanks for ur early responses.

-My employer is based in NJ and as most you know, being a H1B person, one may require to move from place to place depending on where he/she gets a project. In that case, what would be the ideal address that one can show in the application. Does it have to be my current residence address in NJ

OR can I show any permanent address in any state(contact address) in US

OR can I give my company address in NJ

The reason why i'm asking this question is., what will happen if I give my current residence in NJ while applying and if I have to go to a different place/state for the next project.

thanks in advance,
SK

No problem give the current address , it is okay . even if you change ur address that doen't effect you. Once you move intto apartment then call them and tell them to update ur address. it is okay. otheerwise give some realiable friends address.

good luck

address

Hi friends,

thanks for ur help!

Does the address have to be in the same state that we specify during the filing and can it be changed to any other state.For ex- since we move from place to place..can I give my cousin's address in Chicago while filing itself if I file from NJ and move to some other state.

thanks,
Sk