Please Advice

vscdec97

Registered Users (C)
I got my first two AD from VSC. My AD is expiring in 1st week of Oct,01. Since VSC is slow now and I haven\'t applied so far, What is best for me to apply at VSC or at Arlington, VA office (my Local INS office).

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

No Title

I guess U are referring to EAD. I doubt, U can apply at local INS center. The only time U are allowed to do this when your new/renewal application is pending with the INS Service Center (Vermont) for more than 90 days. This is just my guess, plz. consult your attorney for correct information.

No Title

you shld start appl. at VSC 3-4 months before the expiry.
In case you won\'t get it with in 90 days you can goto local INS and they give you an EAD.
VSC takes 60-90 days according their AVM.

No Title

You don\'t have to be depressed. Everything will be alright. U are running out of time. The application for EAD (form I-765) is very very easy to fill out. There is a short list of supporting documents. If U are able to mail this application by July 6,01 then U have a v good chance of receiving your renewed EAD. But don\'t be late. Make sure the application goes out by July 06th. U can download the form from INS main site i.e. www.ins.usdoj.gov
Hope this helps!