Please Advice !! Need Help - Strange Situation

Venkata Bujji

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My case transferred to local INS Newark on 02/05/01 and scheduled an interview today 03/19/01 at 10:20 A.M. Interview went very well, but officer told that they didn\'t recieve my "A" file. She stamped a pending status on my passport. She took us (wife) finger prints. She told that she will contact VSC for that "A" file. She told that once they recieve my "A" file then they will send approve letter. Anybody having a similar situation? Please advice what to do next.

PD 03/96
ND 06/99
FP 06/00
EAD Renewal Once
Case transferred to NEwark - 02/05/01
Interview date - 03/19/01
H1 expiring 12/01

No Title

Venkat: Do you know why your case was transferred? And what specifically they asked you in the interview? I know one person by name En jay who was on this board in October 2000 had his case transferred to Local INS office in Baltimore, and had to wait a month to get the approval after the interview ( actually he went again to INS office to have AP that triggered his approval)..

No Title

Similar situation here. My ND/RD Aug. 99, FP July/00, Heard nothing from VSC, No RFE. IIO told me thay have been retriving my "A" file (Alien file, which contains all your records with INS or visa issues)from Washington, DC since Dec. 8, 2000. I don\'t know why they need this one because I had enclosed all my documents with I-485 application. It\'s hard to believe it takes such a long time to get a file from another INS office (already 4 months). INS is just making things harder for me. I came to USA with J-1 visa, changed to F-1, and transfer schools once. Maybe my "complicated" situations make these guys want to see my A-file. We\'re in same boat, keep in touch.

No Title

al485,Thanks for your quick response, yesterday INS officer told it will take 2 or 3 days to get that "A" file from the VSC. After seeing that file then she will send approval letter. Any questions, please let me know.

No Title

Chutney,

I don\'t know the exact reason for case transfferring, but they want me to bring Medical Reports again. Besides, as I mentioned, INS officer she is very nice and very polite, and she gauranteed that she will pull that file frm VSC within 2 or 3 days and no need to attend the interview again. Thanks for your response.

No Title

You should get your approval within 2 weeks. I had my interview Y\'day too and got approved. It does happen some time that some of the documents are left behind at VSC, it happened with my case too, but luckily I had carried all my documents. In my case Both mine and my wife\'s Birth cert was missing.

Make sure if you are called again to carry your medical report, your I-140 approval, birth and marriage certs Tax documents from 3 years and w-2\'s and last 12 months pay stubs, current employment letter etc.

Wish you all the best, hope you get the approval soon.

steve.

No Title

Steve,

Thank you very much, I carried all my documents including latest medical reports and INS officer checked all originals and she took my employment letter and I 94\'s from the passport, and she told that she will work on my case to get "A" file. Anyway congratulations for your approval.

No Title

Venkata,

How could you take your medical records. You were supposed to have submitted them with the 485 application in a sealed envelope, so you should not even have a copy?? And in case you did not submit it them, did they not send an RFE asking for the Med reports??

I had a situation where I had an RFE for the Medical Reports and THEN got transferred to Newark. Do not know why. Am waiting now!!