Pleasant Passport Stamping Experience.

yuvarajg

Registered Users (C)
I reached Newark at 7.00 AM and stood in the line for 30 minutes, only then some one told me that I had to stand in a different line for GC Stamping. Doug ! Infact I saw 3 different lines and there was a security personnel (probably still drunk from last nights beer) who gave us the wrong instructions. By that time about 200-300 people have already gathered in that line. So I thought I am going to stay here till midnight today (and started cursing the security officer inside me). Anyhow at 7.30 we stood in the correct line and we went inside at 8.00. To our surprise, the line for finger printing was not that croweded. It has just 5 people, I walked in and gave the finger print. At 8.10 AM I was called for submitting my documents. And at 8.20AM I was called and my passport was stamped. After that I went for SSN which was right next room and it took us 10 minutes there. So the whole drama was over in 1.30 hour. We stepped out at 9.00 AM.

The whole 3.5 yrs wait has ended in a pleasant way.

RD:8/2,
ND:9/24,
FP:1/15
AD:8/9

:cool: :cool:

whatever...

daa or doug.. whatever. I meant the same. :D

I received my approval notice on 8/16 .

Good Luck for people who are waiting.

Hi yuvarajg.

1) What documents did you submit?
2) What documents did they actually ask for?

Is your case an employment based case?

Thanks.

Documents...

1. I-94, EAD, AP and 2 ADIT photos (and of course passport :D )
2. They asked for the same.

You can walk in with your hawaii chappals and a dhoti and still come out with the stamping. They don't mind. But personally don't do it.
I saw some people coming right from the garage center with uncombed head , filthy dresses. For a minute I thought I was in Fish market.

Which I94 , do they ask for. The one on which you last entered or the one which was attached to the last H1 approval?

thanks