Plastic Cards Received !!

kkulkar

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview completed in Mumbai Consulate on 18th Dec. 2003. I entered USA - Houston on 12-29-2003.

I have received 3 welcome notices last Friday and this monday. Yesterday evening (Tuesday), we (me and my wife) received plastic cards. The whole process took 2 weeks from date of arrival.

Many many thanks to Rajiv Khanna, the guys that are maintaining this forum and users like KD1403, Raju595 and others who have been helping out people.

Best Luck guys!! CP is the route to complete your immigration process!!!

YEAH...and the process ends! CONGRATS kkulkar! So how does the GC look...?

Three cheers to Rajiv Khanna and his web site!!!

kd1403

It's actually a very jazzy... card. You can see the different images when viewing from different angles.

Actual green color writing is on the backside of the card other than that, the card is anything else but green !!!

Yeah!! the process ends now.... Already seeing my heartbeats slowing down and blood pressure going down!!

Just kidding!!

Hi Guys,

We got our cards too in the 3rd week of POE! The consular processing is sure the way to go - smooth and very predictable!

CP Rejection - how common is it?

I will be appearing for my CP interview in a couple months....I was wondering what have been the grounds for rejection in the past, if any? Could someone give me some examples.

Having all my bases covered, would really help me sleep better at night!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Congratulations to all those who have posted the successful
outcome of their CP process.

While we are on the subject of the actual Green Card has anyone
wondered about the row of dots on the back of the card just
beneth the sentence 'The person identified by this card is
authorized to work and reside in the U.S' ?

They are the potraits of the Presidents, both past and present of the USA! 42 of them!!

Raju

Re: CP Rejection - how common is it?

Originally posted by sb245491
I will be appearing for my CP interview in a couple months....I was wondering what have been the grounds for rejection in the past, if any? Could someone give me some examples.

Having all my bases covered, would really help me sleep better at night!!!

The information you can get on this subject is general at best!
I am sure there have been cases of denial at cp, but you need
to take comfort from the fact that they are very very few.

The grounds for rejection are fraud, mis-representation of
information, past illegal stays in US and some communicable
diseases.

Actually we have not come across any first hand accounts of
rejections, which is understandable!

If you do not fall in any of the risk categories cited above, you
can go for CP without worry!

Raju

raju:

Great information about 42 presidents on the back of the card...i never looked at those 42 dots so closely...thanks for sharing...

Reading a lot good info about the plastic cards, I have one question arising about the POE versus the time frame in receiving the Plastic card after entry.

Do you find any correlation between Time to get the PC versus POE? Is there any opinion about this on the CP forum?

I am planning to go for CP next month, and shopping for tickets right now. Do you think I should give consideration to POE so that the PC could be received earlier (BTW, I would fly from Texas). Also, because of expired H1B and lack of enough pages in my passport I want to avoid the transit VIsa countries 9to save pages in my passport).

Do you recommend any preferred POE and travel-route for my case.

Should I even worry about these things!

Any comments from CP people would be liberating for me!

(Somehow I feel that this process has been very exhausting for me (may be for others as well) because of the wait time, uncertainties and my ever worrying bad habits)

:)

cpnwd:

All the best for your interview next month.

To the best of our knowledge, there is no correlation between POE and time it takes to receive the physcial GC. Currently it is averaging anywhere from 3-6 weeks from the date of POE to receive the physical GC although there are a very few exception where it has taken upto 6 months.

As far as transit visas, I am aware of only Amsterdam (which means KLM/ Northwest airlines) not requiring transit visa. As long as you have 2-3 passport pages available you should be fine.

A friendly recommendation get your new passport as soon as possible..it takes only 1 week to get a new passport if all necessary documents are provided.

Originally posted by cpnwd
Reading a lot good info about the plastic cards, I have one question arising about the POE versus the time frame in receiving the Plastic card after entry.

Do you find any correlation between Time to get the PC versus POE? Is there any opinion about this on the CP forum?

{There is always a variation in the time different field offices
take to process the plastic cards. If you are really serious
about this, go to cptracker.com and you would get lot
of information to sift and evaluate.

We are not sure how many candidates actually chaged their
POE based on the time it takes to get the PC. My feeling
is the number would be low}

I am planning to go for CP next month, and shopping for tickets right now. Do you think I should give consideration to POE so that the PC could be received earlier (BTW, I would fly from Texas). Also, because of expired H1B and lack of enough pages in my passport I want to avoid the transit VIsa countries 9to save pages in my passport).

{It will be your choice. As mentioned above, research on
cptracker can help you.

My opinion is you should not change your POE just in the
hope of receiving your PC quickly. }

Do you recommend any preferred POE and travel-route for my case.

Should I even worry about these things!

{You shoud not!}

Any comments from CP people would be liberating for me!

(Somehow I feel that this process has been very exhausting for me (may be for others as well) because of the wait time, uncertainties and my ever worrying bad habits)

:)

{my responses}

Raju

Originally posted by kd1403
raju:

Great information about 42 presidents on the back of the card...i never looked at those 42 dots so closely...thanks for sharing...
kd

Shame on you. You of all the people did not notice ....

:D :) :D :) :D (Just kidding)

I saw it on a friend's card, it's quite amusing.

How true shame on me! Isnt that what they call a learning experience? :p

BTW...alren your i-140 was approved 4/25 and fee bill issued only 11/2...whats the deal?

Originally posted by kd1403
How true shame on me! Isnt that what they call a learning experience? :p

BTW...alren your i-140 was approved 4/25 and fee bill issued only 11/2...whats the deal?

PMed you on it

Guys!!

I also did not notice that for the first time but my wife noticed it and also brought my attention to that.

Best luck to all the guys lined up for interview for next month!!