Plastic cards received

weeyessee

Registered Users (C)
VSC: Approved 07/25/00, stamped 08/04/00 cards recd. 09/14/00
The card is quite sophisticated, with lots of holograms and on the back has the images of all the US presidents and flags.

Good luck all!

No Title

My 485 is approved on 9/12/00, but our lawyer is on vacation until 9/25. How do I know when to stamp passport? Will late stamping delay the plastic card\'s arriving?
Thanks!

No Title

EZ,

I\'m waiting for the approval letter too (approved on 9/14 per phone msg). I think you\'ll receive a courtesy copy of Approval Notice while your lawyer receives the original one. Some INS offices accept the courtesy copy for stamping, so you don\'t need to wait for your lawyer.

And yes I think the late stamping will delay the plastic card, because the fingerprint & photos for plastic card are taken during the stamping.

good luck.

No Title

You can get your passport stamped with just the courtesy copy (I did). Make a xerox copy of it before you go because they take it away from you. Not getting your passport stamped will delay your actual card\'s arrival - it\'s when you get your passport stamped that they get your fingerprints and application form used to apply for the actual card. You can go at anytime to get your passport stamped. I got it the day after I got my courtesy copy.

Congratulations!

No Title

Kehlar,

how long did it take for you to receive the courtesy copy after approval date?

thanks for the reply.

No Title

Mine was approved on Sep 11 and the courtesy copy arrived on Sep 15. It is approx. 1 week to get the courtesy copy.
Stamped the PP on Sep 18.

Hope this helps.