Plastic cards forwarded to new address after address change?

Bravemind

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone had their plastic cards forwarded to your new address after an address change? Does the USPostal service forward the green cards? Any input will be greatly appreciated. My card has already been sent by VSC. I haven\'t given a change of address to VSC.

Thanks in advance.

No Title

bravemind,

Did you call the IIO regarding the plastic card ? Is the card sent as soon as the AVM message changes ?

Thanks,

No Title

No, I did not call the IIO. I tried for several days to get through to their number but of no avail. So, when I went for passport stamping I asked what I should do for change of address. The INS officer gave me a "Permanent resident inquiry form" (I don\'t remember the number of the form) which had a "Change of address" clause in it. I filled up and sent both forms (one for my wife) to the address listed there. Within a week I heard the message from AVM that the cards are going to be mailed. I am wondering what will happen if the cards are sent to my old address. Does it get forwarded? Guess most of those who have already received their cards may not be visiting this forum. Well, if someone knows something please contribute to this discussion

Thanks