• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Plastic card

DRX

Registered Users (C)
If I win the DV lottery and move the United States how long will it take for me to get a plastic green card with my photo and details on it?
I wasnt able to find information to answer my question anywere else so I am hoping somebody here will be able to help me.

It can take as little as 2 weeks to receive the plastic GC. Most people experience more like 4/5 weeks.
But the IO at the POE will say that it can also take up to about 10months : that's why the stamp ( visa ) in your passport ( if CP ) is a temporary GC valid for one year ( from the date of stamping : date of first entry at POE ).

Your previous post on the forum suggests that you want to leave as soon as you get the GC.
I won't judge you, but just warn you : be careful, a GC is for permanent residents. There are risks involved with leaving the US for months and just coming back every once in a while.