Plastic card

ssrg

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
We got approved on Jan 9 and got the passport stamped on Jan 21. I would like to know how long does it take to receive the plastic card after stamping.

have patience. It some times come very quickly and some times come from 6 to 13 months.

So for time being enjoy your stamping.

My experience

From my experience: My case was approved in March 2003, and got the card in April 2003. My wife's case was approved little late in April 2003, and still waiting for the card since then. When I ask BCIS they say it could take any where upto 12 months.

but the officer in the boston local office told me that it will take 2-4 months when I went stamping my passport.

Let's see....

I got the same answer as Card will take 2-4 months from boston office. I went for stamping on 14 Jan 2004

Stamped on Jan 9th at Detroit

I haven't received any welcome letter or Plastic card. I saw some posting saying about message checked as "...cards are ordered..". Does anyone know about the way to check the status of our card (like ph#, on-line etc.).

Vetri,

I took my passport, notice of approval, and 3 pictures with me for the passoprt stamping. After the passport stamping it took about two weeks for the plastic card to arrive in the mail.

Regards,

R.

Thanks RS,

One of my friends said 2 photos. If you don’t mind, Can tell me the required is 2 or 3? Is the original letter is must or courtesy copy is ok?

Thanks again.

It could be two photos! I think you need the original copy - atleast that is what I had taken with me.

Welcome Letter

My passport was stamped on Jan24th and havn't got the welcome letter ! Is there a way to check the status on when the plastic card will be issued ?

Thanks ...

Re: Welcome Letter

My passport was stamped on Feb 2nd. The lady told us it will take 9 months. And also I checked online status this weekend it is showing that :
"Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on February 6, 2004. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

I did not change address or anything. I got the I-485 approval letter on 31st Jan.
Any one knows abt this ?