PLASTIC CARD Unusual WAIT.... Dear Gurus pls reply

gc910

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone, I stamped my passport on 4th Oct 2004 in Detroit.I still did not receive the plastic card. Iam seeing lot of people past my date already received their plastic cards.Do you guys think Different Location of stamping in the same service center may be the reason. Is any body in the same situation who still did not receive their cards who stamped before me. Gurus please reply. Thanks a lot

I485 AD Sep 25, 2004.
PS 4th Oct 2004 in Detroit

gc910 said:
Hi Everyone, I stamped my passport on 4th Oct 2004 in Detroit.I still did not receive the plastic card. Iam seeing lot of people past my date already received their plastic cards.Do you guys think Different Location of stamping in the same service center may be the reason. Is any body in the same situation who still did not receive their cards who stamped before me. Gurus please reply. Thanks a lot

I485 AD Sep 25, 2004.

What different does it make if you have the physical card once you got approved and have stamp on your passport. You can do what GC holders can do: Travel, work any where you like, Open business ........

My friend be realistic and remember those days before you got approved.

Oct 04 is not that far for you to panic and USCIS stated that it might take 6-12 months before you get GC after approval. RELAX buddy…

plastic card

Guys,

I waited 2 and half years for my card (Oct 2002 approved) to arrive. It's just a pain to visit the Regional office every year to get your I-551 stamped.

I finally got my card last week after the good lady at Newark office filled out a form I-181 (Inquiry about status of I-551 Permanent Registration Card) and sent that to the Nebraska service center.

Try downloading that form I-181 and send it to the respective service center.

Good luck,

Thanks

Thanks aahaa, then what is form G731N which is used to launch an inquiry for Plastic cards.

wwossen said:
What different does it make if you have the physical card once you got approved and have stamp on your passport. You can do what GC holders can do: Travel, work any where you like, Open business ........

My friend be realistic and remember those days before you got approved.

Oct 04 is not that far for you to panic and USCIS stated that it might take 6-12 months before you get GC after approval. RELAX buddy…

I respectfully disagree with you wwossen that it does not make a difference. If you have to travel thru Europe unless you are from one of the exempt countries you have to take a transit visa as some of the European countries don't consider I-551 stamp as legit. For a family of 4 that's additional $200-300 expense. Also try applying for a mortgage. Lot of mortgage companies are fussy about the stamp. They will consider H1 which has a longer validity than a I-551 that has just a year. Also as someone else mentioned earlier, I don't want to step into that USCIS office ever again except for naturalization if at all. So while in most respects it does not make a difference it does in some instances. I understand there is nothing you can do about it. I would rather try and find if cards are being issued for a date close to my stamping than to sleep and realize a week before the expiry date that I need to go for restamping. Most importantly I want to put this to bed for good and not think about it at all. While I agree that Oct'04 stamping has some ways to go and it is not an unsual wait, I wouldn't ask that guy if it makes a difference or not. It may not for you, but for some it could because of circumstances. Take it easy buddy!

wwossen and mxc

guys, both of you are so right ("passive-after total frustation" versus "aggresive-until total frustation" approach/es, I believe
are continuum of the same gradation) ... please both of you chill !!!
:rolleyes: ;) :D

Yeah. It's frustrating to wait for the plastic cards for more than 6 months. People in other service centers are getting it within few weeks of stamping.
I got my passport stamped in oct 25, 2004 and got my card a few days back.

You can do any/all of the follwing..

1. Call the 800 number and ask to talk to supervisor.
2. Fill up the form (I thing 731N) and launch written enquiry. Atleast
they will get back to you on the status.
3. Go to local INS office (where you got stamped) and speak to them..especially if you have moved
after stamping.

You should be getting the card soon..

SKumar

If your GC was approved from NSC, they seem to be processing Sep,Oct 2004 cases (PP stamped in these months) now. If it was from VSC or CSC it will be less than a month to get plastic card after PP stamp. calling 800 number transferred to immigration officer and her response was just wait until 6 months are complete and then call to initiate enquiry.

mxc said:
I respectfully disagree with you wwossen that it does not make a difference. If you have to travel thru Europe unless you are from one of the exempt countries you have to take a transit visa as some of the European countries don't consider I-551 stamp as legit. For a family of 4 that's additional $200-300 expense. Also try applying for a mortgage. Lot of mortgage companies are fussy about the stamp. They will consider H1 which has a longer validity than a I-551 that has just a year. Also as someone else mentioned earlier, I don't want to step into that USCIS office ever again except for naturalization if at all. So while in most respects it does not make a difference it does in some instances. I understand there is nothing you can do about it. I would rather try and find if cards are being issued for a date close to my stamping than to sleep and realize a week before the expiry date that I need to go for restamping. Most importantly I want to put this to bed for good and not think about it at all. While I agree that Oct'04 stamping has some ways to go and it is not an unsual wait, I wouldn't ask that guy if it makes a difference or not. It may not for you, but for some it could because of circumstances. Take it easy buddy!

Thanks for giving me explanation on why we need GC.

I got my passport stamped in portland, Oregon. Based on the postings
here it seems the delay is with the service center. Once you launch
a written enquiry they will reply you the status of the card.

When you enquire with local CIS office they will tell you whether they
mailed your package (I-89 I think) to the service center.

Skumar

Can't find I-89 and I-181 forms

I had my passport stamped 4 months ago and have not received card. Called CIS and got a letter. It said the
case type is PR CARD BASED ON I-181 (my case was on employment I-485)
It said my I-89 card received was incomplete.

I called again and was told the I-89 card was for signature. Actually I they took my signature on the day that my passport was stamped. How come it's incomplete?

I became more confused.

BTW, I can't find I-89 form and I-181 form anywhere.

I hate to go to the district office again.

gc910 said:

I485 AD Sep 25, 2004.
I believe that PP stamping does not prompt card production any more. Currently it is Biometircs. However since your case was october 2004, I am ont sure what is going on.
May be, you should call the customer service.

What's Biometrics

What's Biometrics? a new kind of preocessing?
If it's something new why did they invalidate all previous works without notifiying people to go through the new process

You will either receive your card in the mail or you will receive a biometrics notice. Either one of those two things should happen within 60 days of approval.

If you receive a biometrics notice, your card will be produced and mail a few days after you show up for the appointment.

What's Biometric anyway?

Unfortunately I received nothing. The stamping seemed completed to me and people did the exat same thing later than me received the card shortly.

If I were you I would called CIS immediately. There are instances where Plastic card was expedited by calling them.
Please see the 'Plastic Card' tracker for more info on this.