Our plastic cards recived on 4/16

approved on line 3/31
passports stamped on 4/6
Card Ordered on 4/13
Mailed on 4/14
Recived on 4/16

Good Luck

DukhiMann,

It seems you recd. your plastic card almost 10 weeks after you passport stamping..

Did you get your passport stamped on Feb. 10 ? OR is it a typo ?

--gc_ckr

No Typo

gc_ckr ,

No typo. It was stamped on 10th Feb in Tampa.

Got the cards this friday. Its taking a long time to get cards if stamped here...I don't know why.

DukhiMann,

Can you share with the group how the message on the web-site
changed between your stamping and the actual receipt of the
plastic cards ?

Thanks

End of the long journey

Plastic card arrived today.

I 485 ND Jan 2nd 2002
1 485 AD April 1st 2004
PP stamping in Memphis April 15th 2004
Card ordered April 21st 2004
Card mailed date was not updated in the online status inquiry
Card arrived today April 26th 2004.

Thanks a lot everybody for all the support. May you all receive your cards very soon.

-sar_98

gc3003 ,

It was the usual stuff.....It was initially this case has been approved......for a long time.

Since it was taking so long, I stopped checking for some time. Then one weekend I checked and it said that cards have been mailed to the recipient. So I don't know if the message became card have been ordered and then changed to mailed.

The general trend I've seen is that you get the cards within a few weeks of stamping, but for some reason for Tampa people , it takes forever to get the cards. I don't know why.

Additional Secuity Check

I guess Florida people are subjected to Additional Secuity Check, that is the reason lot of cases are transferred for local Interview.

Hello

I think it is the same situation in Atlanta lately (on or after March '04 stamping). My passport was stamped on 03/19/04 and the status still shows "Approvedxxx". I think we may need to wait month or two to get actual cards.

Btw, Congrats DUKHIMAN now SUKHIMAN for your final journey completion.

- Why-R

Thanks Why-R2 :p
I hope you get your cards soon too. I know its a real PITA waiting for the actual cards now that you're almost there ( to sever all ties to TSC ).

saimural , why are Florida people subjected to additional security ? I never heard that before. I thought they just worked slow here because of all the old folks :D

Please update: USCIS notified that they have ordered my card on 04/28/2008.

Case Status message changed from ".....Approved" to "On April 28, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
"

Another confirmation that things are moving along within 2 to 3 weeks after the passport stamping process. Happy days :D

=============================================
FYI: For those newly approved cases u can goto the online case status site to register as applicant customer to get email notification everytime your case status is updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you guys find out the card order and mail dates?

I got my passport stamped last week, the online status still says "RFE received...it is taking 900-999 days... blah blah blah". Apparently, the on line status check has not been working for weeks.

How do you guys find out the GC ordering and mailing dates? I ask the officer during stamping and he said cards ordered the same day the passport is stamped. Any idea?

>How do you guys find out the GC ordering and mailing dates?
Keep checking online message everyday. It will first change to "cards ordered", then to "cards mailed".

My status today was change to card ordered, but for my wife it didn't and I am the primary applicant.

Does that mean they change only primary applicant status to card ordered and actually sending cards to both of us.

Anyone had this experience?

RD 5/14/01
AD 04/10/04
PST 04/20/04
Card ordered: 04/28/04

how long???

my status changed to "card mail" the 22, nothing in my mail box, any idea how long can it take to be mailed??

If what you meant by "22" is April 22, give a few more days. Sometimes local mail takes longer than usual.

If what you meant by "22" is March 22, your mail is lost, you can make an appointment with local CIS or call them directly to check.

When the status said cards mailed in certain days they really go into the mail.

Good Luck

Hello,

Can someone update our information in the document? I'm not sure which one is the latest version now. I have put our stamping date in the table before, here are the rest dates:

Card ordered: 4/20/04
Card Mailed: 4/26/04
Card received: 4/29/04

Good luck to everyone,

USCIS-CSSO sent me this via email

On May 3, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her.

I checked my mail box this afternoon and its there. I'm finally done.

Please update list with respect to my signature. TIA

Last edited by a moderator: