Plastic Card Tracker for Approvals at Local Office

online message changed

1. PP stamped on 3/29/05 after interview at LA office,

2. on 04/08/05, Online message shows case transfer to CSC "your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

3. on 05/03/05. Online message shows "Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Still waiting for the actual card

Hi - our online status changed today to the following:

"This case has been approved. On May 4, 2005, an approval notice was
mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you
may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Cards Received!

Peace all - our cards showed up in the mail yesterday. Envelopes were post-marked 5/3/05 (onine status had showed they were mailed 5/4/05).

The entire family's cards all showed up at the same time.

The date residency began is 3/11/05 which was the date of the approval letter from the local office.

Done at last, thank God. For any one interested, I was looking through my records, and date I sent my documents off to my attorney with an initial retainer to get the labor cert started was January 2001 - almost four and a half years ago !

Thanks all on this forum for all the encouragement during the dark days, and for those still waiting, hang on, all the foregone promotions, forgone moves, oodles of attorney fees, not getting to attend family weddings or helping sick relatives, and all the carp we put up with does eventually end, and is a lot worse than it actually seems when one is done.

Card recieved

1. PP stamped on 3/29/05 after interview at LA office,

2. on 04/08/05, Online message shows case transfer to CSC "your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

3. on 05/03/05. Online message shows "Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

4. card recieved on 05/06/05

Congratulations!!!

Question: was your adjustment-of-status employment-based or family-based?

Plastic Card Photos

Were you asked to bring new photos with you to the interview? When I had my interview, I did not provide new photos.

Do they reject producing the plastic card because the case has the old style GC photos (not the new passport photos)?

LA_GC said:
Were you asked to bring new photos with you to the interview? When I had my interview, I did not provide new photos.

Do they reject producing the plastic card because the case has the old style GC photos (not the new passport photos)?
I wasn't asked to bring new pics. USCIS used old style profile pic on my plastic. So relax and party.

Sri,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am just trying to think of something that would be causing the delay in issuing my plastic card.

Thanks again!

Sri4GC said:
I wasn't asked to bring new pics. USCIS used old style profile pic on my plastic. So relax and party.

WAC-05-124-XXXXX
PD Feb 16, 2001
485 RD Mar 30, 2005
FP Apr 16, 2005 (Biometrics)
AP Apr 29, 2005
EAD May 11, 2005
485 AD May 04, 2005
Rcvd Plastic 05/17

Hi All,

My and my wife's passports were stamped 6 months ago after an interview in the LA office, my wife has received her approval notice and plastic card but I have not yet (I am the primary applicant!).

Did this situation happen with anyone? Would could be the reasons for such a delay? Do you recommend something to that?

Thanks

My online status has been updated to:

"your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

What does that mean?
Is it true that it is taking between 270 and 300 days to process the 485 after stamping the passport?

3-4 weeks of wait

Next week it should say GC approved and then after 3-4 days - Card Ordered, then after 3-4 days card mailed and you should get you GC July 2nd week.

LA_GC said:
My online status has been updated to:

"your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

What does that mean?
Is it true that it is taking between 270 and 300 days to process the 485 after stamping the passport?

Plastic card received - My wife's case

Case Appoved on May 10th.

These are the online status changes >>

1. On May 23, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing.
It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this
kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing
is complete.

On May 26th >>
2. Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has
been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon
as it is ready.

3.On May 31, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered
you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is
ready.

4. This case has been approved. On June 4, 2005, an approval notice
was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received
this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To
update your address, please call the National Customer Service
Center at (800) 375-5283.

Received card on June 6th.

An approval notice was mailed?

Does "an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283" mean they have mailed the card?

My wife's status says so since June 7 but she has not received her card yet.

Yes... they have mailed your card.

Contact INS for your wife's card..... 14 days have already passed. And have changed your address???

LA_GC said:
Does "an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283" mean they have mailed the card?

My wife's status says so since June 7 but she has not received her card yet.

No, we did not change our address, it has been the same address since the process started!