Plastic Card Tracker for Approvals at Local Office

freeviews

Registered Users (C)
Hi all -

Can we start a Plastic Card tracker for those that were approved at the local offices? Looks like they are getting backed up again.

My info:
Interview Date 10/16/04
A NOID and additional requests later
Approval Letter Date: 3/11/05
Transferred back to CSC: 3/22/05
PP stamped: 3/31/05

Thanks.

Transfer from CSC to LA: 8/04
Interview/Approval/Stamp: 1/05
And no update since!
(in 3/05, had an infopass and they said NOT less than 6 months after the stamp).

Yeah, after I got an approval letter from the local office dated 3/11/05, my online status changed to:

"On March 19, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Apparently, the same thing happened to a bunch of people and they received their plastic cards within a few days. I'm still waiting, though...

I am in the same boat with LA GC.
T/f from CSC to LA on 7/20/04
interviewed and stamped on 2/25/05
No Lud since...

Still waiting for the actual card

PP stamped on 3/29/05 after interview at LA office, Online message shows case transfer to CSC on 04/08/05. Still waiting for the actual card

shangh71 said:
I am in the same boat with LA GC.
T/f from CSC to LA on 7/20/04
interviewed and stamped on 2/25/05
No Lud since...
When I did the InfoPass they said it looked like the file was still with the officer (who conducted the interview) :(

I checked with my attorney who said there was nothing to do! And I do not know if this is really the truth, is there something more than the InfoPass that we could do?

LA GC,

The standard answer is 6 mo to 1 yr to receive the card. That's what I was told by 800, Attorney and the inview officer. However, some people got it within a month. There is no prediction when you deal with INS.

The file transfer could take longer than we expected. My case was transfered on 7/20/04. I found out from Info pass that it actually got LA office on 10/29/04. I won't be surprised if it takes 3 mo or more to transfer back to CSC...

shangh71,

That's right. It seems that we have nothing to do but more waiting! However, skipper said he/she had an LA interview on 3/29/05 and case transferred back to CSC on 04/08/05, which is very good!

I dont know wot's up. A friend of mine in Atlanta got approved at a local office after an interview and got his card in two weeks!

And here we are, approved 3-4 years after starting the process, still waiting some more.

We'd like to travel in the summer. Hope they show up before then. That stamp looks waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too make-shift.

Does anyone know if the folks that get approved after an interview get treated different logistically than the ones that do not get approved at the interview, but after further documents are submitted?

Peace.

Actual card

freeviews said:
I dont know wot's up. A friend of mine in Atlanta got approved at a local office after an interview and got his card in two weeks!

And here we are, approved 3-4 years after starting the process, still waiting some more.

We'd like to travel in the summer. Hope they show up before then. That stamp looks waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too make-shift.

Does anyone know if the folks that get approved after an interview get treated different logistically than the ones that do not get approved at the interview, but after further documents are submitted?

Peace.

I don't like to give bad news however my brother in law has been waiting for his actual greencard for the past 2 1/2 yrs.

lorestan said:
I don't like to give bad news however my brother in law has been waiting for his actual greencard for the past 2 1/2 yrs.
Where was the approval?

freeviews said:
Peace all - Our online status changed this evening to 'cards ordered'.
Freeviews,
Congrats on the cards!
I noticed in your history you show that they didn't stamp at interview. What was the reason at that time? What other info did they need from you? We'll be scheduled for ours soon (hopefully).

During our i-140 process we had received an RFE, enquiring why I had not reported under NSEERS. My country of origin is one of those that required NSEERS, but I had relinquished that citizenship and am now a citizen of a European country. We had responded successfully to that RFE and our i-140s were granted.

I later found out that the very reason our cases were transferred for an interview was this very same question. At the interview, the officer asked me to provide evidence as to why I was not subject to NSEERS. I provided the same information I had done before - documents that showed I had officially lost all ties to my country of birth. However, the officer was hesitant to make a decision on this, and chose instead to refer it up the ladder. Then something happened, someone freaked, and I got a NOID. My attorney went at it (he is more expensive than everyone else, but worth every penny) and spoke to a senior officer, provided the requisite evidence again, and our case was approved.

Maybe this information might be helpful to you. From what I'd heard, most of the cases that are transferred are because of some prior arrest history. If you've had that problem, you should be prepared with all the documents.

I got my 485 approved on 03/23 in SJ after interview. It was sent back to CSC on 04/04 and message changed to 'It is taking between 270 and 300 days blah blah blah...'.

Here is the latest status...
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On April 28, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Congrats Sri,

Long time comin'.... wac02! Geez. Wish you all the best of luck, and that the struggle proves to be worth it.