Plastic card received

GS28

Registered Users (C)
Hey y'all:

I got my plastic card in the mail on Saturday, about three weeks after entering the country. So, now I actually have the cream/off-white "green" card.

FYI, when I filled the DS230 Part I out back in April, I had very clearly indicated an alternative address for the plastic card to be mailed, since I knew I was going to be moving soon, and didn't yet know the new address. Of course, as expected, the USCIS sent two welcome letter and the card itself to the old address. Luckily, the post office forwarded them all. Much gratitude for small miracles.

[And I have to say, I feel rather guilty posting this when so many face such hurdles with the retrogression issue. Call it survivor's guilt, I guess]

Best wishes to all --- talk to your representatives! Talk to your American friends, and get them on board!

Congratulations !!!!!!!

Congrats GS28 to end the long journey. Well in this race who so ever pass the finish line is a winner and the race is against time, no other contenders.

No hard feelings of guilt, we all know that one day all will get this. Rather its good to see a winner sharing his success story... keeps us running ...

Enjoy your free life .......

Congrats man! Just received my welcome letter last week. Looks like the green is on its way too. My prayers to all those waiting for that coveted piece of plastic.

Interview date: 8/17/05
Consulate: Chennai
POE: Minneapolis/St. Paul (8/21/05)
Card Received:

Thanks Bhasu and peter_guest!

peter_guest: have you gotten your new SS card yet? That's the one thing remaining. I spoke to someone else who had his interview at the same time we did, and he got his SS card a week or so after entry, but is waiting on the plastic card.

Any ideas on how long the SS card takes? If not, I can just go over to the Social Security administration building in town and apply for a new card.

Best to all.

Nope, no GC or SS card. Just received the welcome letter last week. The welcome letter came from the texas service center. You can imagine the timeline, given the notoriety of this center for delays and the new hurricane looming over texas. Anyhow, no sweat. I've waited enough....just a few more weeks! Hope you're enjoying your post-GC life amidst the strife and the agony of the retrogression. Was thinking of moving to houston, TX for my job, but with the predictions of hurricaines for the next 10-20 yrs, i'm thinkin' twice. Take care dude!

POE/GC stamped: (MSP) 8/21/05 (Chennai consulate)
Plastic card received: ?????

Hiya peter_guest --- patience! Mine came a few days after the welcome letter --- go to the USCIS case status site and enter the reciept # from the welcome letter. The Texas Service Center is in Mesquite, just outside of Dallas, far inland. They're not going to be directly affected by the hurricane, I don't think.

Anyhoo --- best wishes to you too! Stay in touch! :)

Hey GS28,
Just received the coveted plastic card in the mail today. Boy, feels good to have that plastic in my hand....it's like holding a trophy or something :) ...anyways, tell me this....i still havent received my SS card....do u think I should wait it out (like our usual experiences with the USCIS!) or go to the nearest SSA and get it changed once for all?
Good luck, and do keep that card safe!

Plastic Card Received: 9/27/05

peter_guest5450 said:
Hey GS28,
Just received the coveted plastic card in the mail today. Boy, feels good to have that plastic in my hand....it's like holding a trophy or something :) ...anyways, tell me this....i still havent received my SS card....do u think I should wait it out (like our usual experiences with the USCIS!) or go to the nearest SSA and get it changed once for all?
Good luck, and do keep that card safe!

Plastic Card Received: 9/27/05

Congratulations peter_guest! :) I haven't gotten my SS card yet. I'm going to go to the SSA ... when I get a free moment during office hours! :)

Do people carry their green card around with them? I thought one had to have it on one's person at all times. Any thoughts?

GS28 said:
Congratulations peter_guest! :) I haven't gotten my SS card yet. I'm going to go to the SSA ... when I get a free moment during office hours! :)

Do people carry their green card around with them? I thought one had to have it on one's person at all times. Any thoughts?

Hey,

Finally received my SS card last week. What's up GS28, how's life?

peter_guest -- congrats on getting the card!

Life is good -- planning some international travel for the winter. :)

Happy Diwali to all!