Plastic Card Received & Misc (House loan)

WhiteHatHacker

Registered Users (C)
Card Received: July 19
Message Changed: July 9th
Passport Stamped at NWK - May 22nd

Good luck to all waiting in the queue!

Misc - Jumbo Loan and Green Card

I will touch on this since I saw some posts earlier regarding this and it might help who are in a similar situation. I recently applied for a jumbo mortgage loan (currently, jumbo > $322,700), after being approved for GC, but before I got the card.

One lender told me that even though I have been approved for the green card, since I do not have the actual plastic card, I will not get the best rate and that I will need to get two mortgages (for a jumbo loan, you have to be a permanent resident). According to them, passport stamp and approval notice are not enough - plastic card is a must for jumbo loan.

I spoke to another lender who said that as long as I have the approval notice, it is OK and I can get the jumbo loan without any hassle. Needless to say, I went with this lender and got the loan at a good rate and without any hassle. Closing after two weeks.

Moral - shop around and don't let any lender bullshit you.

===========

Congratulations

also - AGA does not know if this recently has become an issue, but 2 years ago, AGA applied for a jumbo loan and was approved without a problem on H1.

congrats WhiteHatHacker

AGA, so now since you are awaiting your card , you have started referring to urself in third person?