plastic card received after January 16 LA interview!!!!

malli

Registered Users (C)
Hello All:

Interview and passport stamp on January 16
Recieved welcome notice on January 23
Received plastic card today (JAnuary 31)!!!!!!!!!

It\'s a nice surprise after 6 years of wait(PD: Feb\' 96)

However my husband who is the primary applicant has not received the welcome notice or the plastic card. Also, he did not receive the interview notice, I did!!!

Good Luck to All

malli

PS: See my earlier post for interview details

Congrats!

It seems that people who had interview will get plastic card faster. A few others on this board who had interview in San Jose also got cards within a month.

Congrats!! what is your ND and RD ?

congrats malli!! can you please post your details
like RD ,ND ,Case transfer date, An interview date etc..

as my case has been filed under 245i and i am sure by looking up past posts, they are transffering all 245i cases for an interview..

thanks for sharing info..and enjoy your freedom..

Details

Here are the details again. I have made a few corrections from my last post about my interview. I had forgotten to mention that we had applied under 245(i).

Case details:
PD: February 1996
Labor approved: June 1999
I-140 approved: July 2000
I-485 applied under 245(i): July 2000.
I-485 receipt dates: September 2000 (lawyer sent the wrong amount, so it took two months to receive the receipts)
I-485 transferred to LA office for interview: March 2001.
Interview held: January 16, 2002.

The reason for 245(i) was INS gave me H-1 for seven years and even that expired 20 days before I got my EAD.

The interview was pretty straightforward:

1) We were asked to take oath and the officer took our fingerprints.
2) Then the officer asked for the driver\'s license, medical exam reports and passports. My driver\'s license had the old address, so he asked me to show the DMV change of address card.
3)Then he started interviewing my husband who is the primary applicant. He verified all the biographical information, father\'s name, mother\'s maiden name, city where he was born. He asked for the original birth certificate and compared them to the one he had.
4) Then he asked when was the last time he entered US.
5) He asked to see the original degree certificate.
6) Then he asked whether he was still with the same company and asked for the latest pay stubs. My husband also showed his company photo ID card.
7) Then he asked the standard question, whether any arrests, drug use or a member of any organization in India.
8) Then he said he is going to approve his petition and stamped his passport.
9) Then he asked me the same questions as my husband: mother\'s name, father\'s name and city I was born in, last time I entered US. He asked to see the original birth and marriage certificates. He compared them with the copy he had.
9) Then he asked for the original marriage cert. Then he asked me what other proof I have for the validity for our marriage. This is where he lingered on the most. I showed him some of our wedding pictures, bank account, tax return etc. Then he asked whether I have more pictures. Luckily I had taked my entire wedding album. I handed it over to him. He leafed through almost half of it. Then he asked whether we jointly own any property and we said yes. He asked for a copy of the title deed of our home. Then he said he is going to approve it and stamped my passport. He congratulated us and told us we had prepared very well.

Totally it took about 40 minutes. He remarked that it was a simple case.

Good Luck to Everyone.
malli

Thanks

It is strange that my husband who is the primary applicant never receives anything, I received the fingerprint notice twice, he didn\'t receive it even once. When we went to LA office for EAD, we also demanded a fingerprint notice for him which they issued and that is how he got the fingerprinting done. And then, His advance parole had my alien #. He did not receive the interview notice and he has not yet received the welcome notice and plastic card.

Anyways, he has the stamp on his passport. That itself is a huge cause for celebration after a wait of 6 years.

Good Luck to you all.

malli

Surprised to see INS working that fast

Are you sure, you got the plastic card ?
Can somebody be fooling you? Just curious !!
Hope you don\'t feel offended !!!

Q for malli - "When we went to LA office for EAD"

Malli - could you explain under what circumstances you went to LA office for EAD and got accepted? They told me to mail to CSC to renew my EAD.

Malli- Can you compile a list of all documents which you take for interview?

Hi Malli,

My case has been transferred to local INS. I have not received interview notice yet (its only 6 months:). But I am hopeful that one day I will receive my interview notice and will have to appear for interview. From your experience it looks like its always better to be prepared. Would you please compile a list of all documents which you took with you for the I-485 Interview? I am sure many people will benefit from your list. Thanks once more - nik