Plastic Card Questions

AshGC

Hi, I just got I485 approved

I485 service center is NSC
I485 approved on 7/26/02
Passport stamped on 8/5/02

I was told that I'll receive my plastic card between 6-12 months. Have some questions about the plastic card

1. What happens if I don't get my card within 12 months since my stamp on the passport is valid till 8/5/02 only. Would I have to get it restamped or something else?

2. What happens if I change my address during the next one year?

3. How can I check the status of the plastic card? Which number to call and which LIN # to use?

Thanks for all the help

Originally posted by bobby_100
Hi, I just got I485 approved

I485 service center is NSC
I485 approved on 7/26/02
Passport stamped on 8/5/02

I was told that I'll receive my plastic card between 6-12 months. Have some questions about the plastic card

1. What happens if I don't get my card within 12 months since my stamp on the passport is valid till 8/5/02 only. Would I have to get it restamped or something else?

Yes, restamp. If it takes one year, I would make sure talking with an IIO or two, that everything is ok with your application.

2. What happens if I change my address during the next one year?

Make sure to file form AR-11 within 10 days. Get mail forwarded to your new address, talk to IIO to update address.

3. How can I check the status of the plastic card? Which number to call and which LIN # to use?

Not sure, I did CSC :) My guess is that you need the case number for the I-485 as in California.

Thanks for all the help

No. to call

You must call the same number as you did to
check the 485 status. Follow the instructions & enter your LIN no. Once your card is mailed, the
message will change to "Card has been ordered". Until then you will hear the same message as this case has been approved and blah blah.

Congratulations on your 485 approval. Dont worry about your card, sooner or later it will come but
make sure to update your address if you move by filing AR-11 and notifying post office for mail forwarding.