Plastic card question

dms

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

I have a query about the time taken to actually receive the plastic card after passport stamping.

My wife, my son and myself were all approved on 11/25 and we went to the Dallas office for stamping on 12/9. My son and I both saw the same officer who was really nice and our plastic cards were subsequently dispatched on 12/22 and 12/23. The online status changed from 'approved' to 'card ordered' to 'card dispatched'. However, my wife was called up by a different officer who was far from nice and made a point of saying that it will take over a year to get the plastic card. Her online status is still saying 'approved'.

I may be being paranoid, but given what the officer said to my wife, I wonder if there is anyway she could deliberately delay the processing of the card.

I just wonder if anyone else has had a similar expereince, or has any views on this.:confused:

relax my friend

Hey my Friend it never takes a year to get the GC on the mail after passport stamped.

This is my Case:
My Passport got stamped on 12/15/03 at the Miami office.

on 12/30/03 I received my GC on the mail.............. only two weeks.

god Bless you.

JuanKarloz

I-485 RD 09/28/2000
I-485 AP 12/02/2003
passport stamped 12/15/2003
GC Received 12/30/03

I think its possible to get delayed(getting plastic card). I know a friend whose file is with vermont center he did not get the card after six months also but his wife's got in a month. So do not worry its all random