Plastic Card possibly lost in USPS

getmeout

Registered Users (C)
After 3 years of waiting, finally we got our approval on May. I and my wife got approved of our I485.

My wife got her card ordered on Aug 2nd and mailed on Aug 5th and we have not received yet. 14 days is almost over now.

My card was ordered on Aug 3rd and mailed on Aug 16th

I did receive it on 18th Aug and my wife did not....

As per status, it is supposed to be received much earlier.
Looks like it is lost in USPS.

I think our postman who often put my mails to neighbor’s box and they some time returned to us. If they would have put that mail back to outgoing,then we are screwed.

What are the options to me? I called Cust. Service and they are asking me to wait for 1 month to open a query for me.

I have not changed the address. We are planning to move in 1.5 month.

Any suggestion would help.
Did any one experience this before?

INS giving all kind of troubles until the end…..

Last edited by a moderator:
Same boat

I remember an old indian saying, "Extinguishing lamps make a final big flame before dying down completely."

As per web-site my card was mailed on Aug 6th but have not rcvd as of yet. Though I am not a lot worried but for safety sake I will go to SSA office and get a clean SSN card ordered. At least (hopefully) employment would not depend on INS vagaries.

Also will call NSC tomorrow and that much ballyhooed number after 60 days. Hopefully this saga would end.

Spoke with IIO

Called and waited for 20 min. told my iusse. they wanted me to wait for 30 days and call back.

My wait continues.....

Life is not so simple in USCIS world.

Today I rcvd a mail from USCIS:

Receipt Number: WAC02113xxxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 18, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
====

woo hoo.. card is ordered, but wait it is deja vu. History attached. I guess USCIS really likes me they ordered it again even before I can complain about the last one nor rcvd! USCIS is smoking something funny, boy.

===

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 31, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready

===
and
===

Current Status:

On August 5, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Heh heh ... with 3 Greencards ordered, your citizenship wait time would be just a third of what normal folks have to go thru :D :D

it happened to my wife's case too.

Status History:

On Aug 2 nd, they ordered her card.......
On Aug 5 nd, they Mailed her card.......

Did not received her card yet
Called 2nd Level customer service couple of times.....

Suddenly on the same date,
Status went back to

On Aug 19 nd, Card has been ordered.......

I am wondering what is happening with them.......

Hopefully a full stop..

Got my plastic card today. I am feeling a little anti-climactic now that this is over, but it surely makes you feel free.

Best of luck to all of you...:) My wife is yet to recieve her card, so I will be checking out once in a while.

cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spouse's card is probably lost in the mail?

Both I and my spouse received email notification of card being mailed at the same instant. I received my card 15 days back and he still didn't receive his. What should we do? GO to the local INS with the email? I couldn't get in touch with the cust serv yet and know they are pretty lame anyways.
Any advice?