Plastic card for wife received

ysingal

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys ,
We received the plastic card for my wife yesterday. I am still waiting for mine.

Got PP stamped on 8/15 at SF.

Yogesh

Congratulations !!!

Hope you'll get yours soon :)

What do the AVM/Online msg says now? Is it chaged to "Card Ordered" to both.

For my wifes WAC the AVM has changed to

"On October 29, 2002, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Processing normally takes between 975 and 999 days. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready. "

For me it is still

"Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your INS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Same here

Hi

We got our passports stamped on 09/04. Message changed to my wife on 10/10 and she received her card on 10/14. For me message changed only on 10/31. Waiting for the card.

Kishore

I-485 - Address Change

Hi Guys

Received Date - Jun 18th 2002
Notice Date - Jun 19th 2002
EB 1

EAD and AP recd.

Website says the Finger Print results were received in Aug 2nd Week and the processing has resumed.

I am contemplating to relocate to St.Loius (Missourie Processing Center) or Dallas (Texas Processing Center) in Jan 2003. Here are my questions, wud highly appreciate your views.

If I do not receive my approval notice and Green Card by then ( which may happen given the current processing times), will my file get transferred to the new service center or would the case still be processed by California Service Center and only my address in the application will change? I am asking his b'case Missourie's processing rate is very high compared to Texas and I may wish to move to St.Louis instead of Texas.

Secondly, Anyone who have recived their approval notice - can you please explain whether the notice can get forwarded to a new address if the post offfice has informed about the address change or is there something specific in the mail cover that prohibits the post office from forwarding the approval notice?

Thirdly do you guys have any idea whether we can inform the INS officer ( at the time of approval interview and passport stamping)to send the green card to a different address than in the application? Would this kind of request be fine or would he say that we need to go though the normal AR 11 route in which case, I am sure the card will be dispatced to the old address and will take a longer time to reach the new address because it can go back to the INS and wait for address change information.

Hope my questions are not confusing.

Tks
aaa02

Last edited by a moderator:
Answer

I do not have the answer to your first 2 questions. I would probably advise you to play safe and not move till your GC is done. That is what I did .Would you rather take a pay hike for a few months and jeopardize your GC OR obtain a lifetime of freedom ?

The answer for the third question is - yes, you can tell the officer to send your plastic card to a new address when you get the passport stamped.