Plastic Card for OCT 2002 STAMPING

hawapani

Registered Users (C)
I have not yet received my plastic card , I got my stamp on 10/23 at Baltimore office. Anyone else in the same boat. Please share the info.

Can we have a list of people who already got the card and who are waiting.

Get in line ... :)

hawapani,

I maintain seniority in this .. just kidding..

I, too, got my passport stamped on September 25th (!!!) and I am yet to see my card. On the other hand, my wife, who had her passport stamped along with me, got her card after a month and 5 days (cards ordered on Oct. 30th).

I have no idea why this separation and delay. When I called VSC, I was told that my case has made it to the card production stage but not in the card ordering computer yet!!! Yeah.. it is in limbo. I was asked to wait till the beginning of next month.

Funny coincidence is that a few other couples who had got the stamping together, at different immigration offices, have experienced the same fate as mine; wife receiving the card and the husband still waiting. I don't think there is a gender bias here :) , but probably the cases are getting separated into primary and derivative beneficiaries, at the card production stage.

Any cases where the wife is the primary and the husband received the card first?

I called today morning about my card , Wife received her on 12/7 .
Both of us did Stamping on 11/4/02 at Norfolk,VA. When i called INS this morning IIO had me on hold for sometime so that she can check why the delay , when she got back she told since system is down right now can't tell why it has not been ordered , she took my tel# so that she can call later when system is up and let me know what's going on..

Guess what She called at 2.30 pm saying that there was kind of some entry error which is rectified today and it has been send to card production today ...

Let see how IIO's story unfolds in comming day

im in the same boat

hi

me and my husband(primary applicant) got approved and stamped on 22nd oct at boston ins.

i got my card on nov 20th whereas my husband's card is yet to be ordered.

I called an iio last week and got to know that his appln is in the card production center.

An hour back my husband got an iio on the line who told him that his application is yet to seen by the officer who checks for correctness of photos and fingerprints!!!! His card will be ordered
only after that checking.He was also told that there is heavy backlog and he cannot expect his card before feb/march!!

We can do nothing but wait with our fingers crossed.My main worry is my travel to india without the card.I read msgs in this forum abt people with just the stamp who were sent for a secondary check ...or something...

ashsrikar

I think we need to differentiate between people who:
1) were interviewed and then stamped immediately;
and
2) were NOT interviewed, but got approvals in the mail.
The waiting times maybe be different. Check out the other thread "Card waiting time after Baltimore intervview."

Me too

Guys,
My wife and myself got the passport stamped at Baltimore on Oct 23th.

so far, neither online status has been changed nor we have recieved the cards.

I guess, we are in the same boat.

thanks

What

So it means..

no one has received the plastic card but how come they told me that we are going to receive the card within 4-6 weeks.

PP stamped 9/30/02. philly
No card yet. Called IIO and they say everthing looks OK. Asked me to wait 1 month before inquiring about it. Also mentioned that they are really slow.