Plastic card 60-day limit

udacha6

Registered Users (C)
The USCIS website says:

"If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"

60 days from the approval date or PS date? Has anyone called this number

Yes I did and got my Plastic Card in 7 days.
Thats the first time ever i called and was amazed at receving my card in such few days.
good Luck to all..

I tried that number too.

After going through many questions, you will hear about your case. If you hear "your case is approved and that's the most recent information we have", don't hang up, press "option 3" after that to continue and customer service rep. will come over the phone.

Usual wait for customer service rep is approx 10-15 minutes.

BTW, I called exactly on 60th day after approval.

Lady over the phone was kind and asked the reason for call. I told her that it has been over 60 days from approval and I am trying to find out the status of the card. She took my name, case #, and alien number and after looking into the system informed me that everything is OK. USCIS is waiting for officer to view/verify the photograph/FP submitted during passport stamping. They have to make sure all are in place before sending information to card production/mailing department.

She also advised me to call back if I don't get any update from USCIS with 3 weeks.

udacha6 said:
Thanks!
Did you wait for 60 days after your approval or your PS date?