Planning to move to Australia

Rajeev Balakrishnan

Registered Users (C)
Hello
I am planning to move to Australia. I got my permanent residency for Australia approved couple of weeks ago. Just would like to get some feedback about living down under and the job market in the IT industry.
Thanks in advance.
Rajeev

Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane are the places to go

If you plan to migrate to Australia, check the following websites for IT job opportunities

TheAustralian.com.au
Smh.com.au
monster.com.au
australia.com

Hope this helps

No Title

Rajeev can you please explain your experience regarding getting your permanent residency done.

I am planning to apply at LA. Your feedback is really appriciated.

ACS requirements

Hello All,
Recently I sent all the paperwork for ACS assessment and I got the final decision saying I am \'unsuitable\' for migration.

Here are my qualifications:

Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering

Working as a Software Engineer in US for the last 5 years. The ASCO code I claimed was ASC0 2231-19 as a systems programmer.

I am not sure why it was mentioned as \'unsuitable\'. The letter from ACS also says that I can re apply under RPL (recognition of Prior Learninng. I am not sure what went wrong and why my application was denied.

Since I do not have the Degree in Comp. Science does it make me unsuitable or do I have to apply under RPL.

Please enlighten. Any ideas welcome.

Thanks..

Why?

I do not want to discourage people here. But being in US and having opportunities 1000 times than those available in Ausstralia, why would one want to leave US and go to Australia.

I got my Permanent Residency of Australia. I had applied myself and got it in three years. But I moved to US and never went Down Under.

The job market - not good
The salaries - not so good
The opportunities - few
Life Style - same as US but it is as good as staying in a remote village.

Some one I know spent his entire child hood in Australia. His parents took him there. But he is very happy to be in US.

Any point?

No Title

Hi,

I have M.S in electrical engineering. I am working in software for the last six years. Can I apply for Australian PR?

No Title

Hi,

I have M.S in electrical engineering. I am working in software for the last six years. Can I apply for Australian PR?

why?

I think people are thinking of Canada and Australia because of the INS processing speed and tie up with the employers.

See your list, you never mentioned anything about the processing in Australia. The good thing about these countries are you can apply yourself with lower requirements than in US.

US may be good once you have the GC (PR), but before getting that you have to go through the hell of the processing time period.

my 2 cents ...

I have heard that there is no problem for immigrants who would like (and are able to) work in IT industry. This market is still growing and there is plenty of work there.

Thank you everybody for sharing quality information and views about Australia.

Actually, I am student of arts and would to move to Australia for study and learn about aboriginal art.

Any Suggestion...?

Thank in advanced…