Planing to Land in Canada in May / June 2003……

divakarap

Registered Users (C)
Recently I got Canada PR (my landing papers and Visa stamp in my passport). I have valid H1-B visa for me and for my family (H4). But currently all of us living in India from the last 4 month. If I plan to come back to USA in May 2003 and complete my landing formalities in a week time (Including applying for PR Card, SIN Card etc) and come back to US and from there wants to return back to India.

1. Shall we expect any problems in this plan? I am worrying, is this recent change (Visa requirements for PR Holders) in boarder crossing, well effect any thing my plans?

I was there in USA (3 years) and Canada (2-3 Visitor Visas are there).

2. Since I am planing to come back to India after completion of landing formolties, how long I may need to stay in Cada to complete these formolties? I have friends who can help me to make use of their address for getting my PR & SIN Card.

Please advice me…..

Diva

1) Since you have valid visa and I-94 you can enter USA easily.

2) Ask the immigration officer abt the process of PR card , after you complted landing formalities. It took 8 weeks for my spouse PR card.I am still waiting for my card.

After finishing the Landing and PR process , approch nearst Social admin office apply for SIN cards . You can download the forms from web (www.cic.gc.ca) . For sin cards they need your passport and landing documents. it will take 3-4 weeks for processing

hope this helps

Do you mean, after apply for SIN card i have to wait for 4-5 weeks?

Do you mean, after apply for SIN card i have to wait for 4-5 weeks in Canada till i receive SIN Card?

I am planing to be there in Canada only for 10 days. Is they don't mail it to my mailing address in Canada?

Canada Visitor Visa

I got a canada multiple entry visitor visa for 6 months.Can I stay 6 month continuously in canada?
As we have in US does canada also also have anything like I 94 ?
Does the officer at border post print any expiry date on my passport?will it be the end of 6 months or earlier?

Thanks....

Canada Visitor Visa

I got a canada multiple entry visitor visa for 6 months.Can I stay 6 month continuously in canada?
As we have in US does canada also also have anything like I 94 ?
Does the officer at border post print any expiry date on my passport?will it be the end of 6 months or earlier?

Thanks....