Placed in Queue. How much longer?

ringaringa

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

My N-400 status update on June 27 indicates that I have been placed in queue for oath ceremony. How long does it take to be given a date for the oath ceremony? Does any one have any approximate estimate?

Thank you!

Hi:

My N-400 status update on June 27 indicates that I have been placed in queue for oath ceremony. How long does it take to be given a date for the oath ceremony? Does any one have any approximate estimate?

Thank you!

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

you can get a brief idea from data contained on the above tracker. It depends on your DO and it depends on luck. I don't think anyone knows exactly but 4-8 weeks is a good timeframe. Best of luck

I got my oath date in two days after being placed in queue. It depends on how often your DO holds oath ceremonies.

I wouldn't worry about it as long as it has been placed in Q, which means approval decision has been made by IO.

Hi:

Thank you!

I have been waiting for 3 weeks after "in line for oath scheduling", and no news so far. Of course, this depends on the DO, how much population is in there, and how often they hold oaths. In my DO, as far as I know, this happens once a month, and there are backlogs, the line moves very slowly. Some people whom I know were waiting for 3-4 months in this line. This is very frustrating, but is beyond the power of applicants...

My DO is San Antonio. It being TX, probably the line is very long.

I looked up Trackitt and didn't find any San Antonio DO listed. So, I have no idea how long it takes here.

My DO is San Antonio. It being TX, probably the line is very long.

I looked up Trackitt and didn't find any San Antonio DO listed. So, I have no idea how long it takes here.

There is an entry for San Antonio, TX at trackitt.com. They're not in alphabetical order. Look again. There are 19 recent cases since 2010.

There is an entry for San Antonio, TX at trackitt.com. They're not in alphabetical order. Look again. There are 19 recent cases since 2010.

Anybody waiting for oath in Dallas, Please share your time line..

Me and my wife had our interview on June 18 at Irving office, we both passed the interview and placed in oath que on June 21 but there is no update since then. My DO is Dallas. My guess is they are trying to schedule us for Judicial oath since my wife opted for name change, which might be the reason for the delay... However,
I have seen many folks in Dallas DO where they either got the oath letter same day or with in 2 days... but it all depends on your luck! Hope we all will get our oath letter soon.. We have waited for years and few more weeks doesn't matter. so Just hanging there.... Please keep this thread alive.. Good luck all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Infopass update:
I went for infopass appointment today and I was told that my file is on the RACK and ready to schedule. However, It can take upto 90 days to schedule so its wait game ... officer was not able to tell whether mine is in judicial que or admin que which I hope is later as I am not changing my name.
Also the officer mentioned that they have backlog so it may take a while.

Infopass update:
I went for infopass appointment today and I was told that my file is on the RACK and ready to schedule. However, It can take upto 90 days to schedule so its wait game ... officer was not able to tell whether mine is in judicial que or admin que which I hope is later as I am not changing my name.
Also the officer mentioned that they have backlog so it may take a while.

What is the difference between "a judicial queue" and "an administrative queue" for oath purposes? How to know in which I am (I am not changing name, and got recommendation for approval at the interview).