place of birth

anu_g

hi!
The place of birth on my passport is chombala, kerala, india.
I got a non availability certificate from the panchayat to which chombala belongs called Azhyur panchayat. Doesnot mention
Chombala anywhere.
what should i do?
Is getting a certificate from the panchayat which states that chombala belongs to Azhyur panchayat suffice?
thnx

Place of birth spelt differently

i have the same issue like urs , name of the place i was born is splet in different ways , the Municipal office gave me an NON -Avaliability with the name thye carry and in my passport it is different but i had requested the Municipal Guys to give me with both name in their certificate . thye gave me , i took that and took an Affidivit from the Notary stating that the same name can be spelt in different ways .

same Place of birth spelt differently

same Place of birth spelt differently in pp
Hello Friends , i have a typical issues with my birth Certificate ,

1. I donot have a birth certificate ,

2. The place of my birth i had written in my Passport is MMMMMMM , but recently i went to india and i saw that the name is spelt as YMYMYMYM .

I requested the Municipal office to issue me a NON-Avaliability for my birth certificate , they helped me by providing this with their standard format name as YMYMYMYM ,but in the brackets underneath the Printed name they wrote in hand the name as i requested i.e., MMMMMMM .

can any one help me in this does any one know what else i need to do in this regard.
Thanks
surya

Last edited by a moderator:
Place of birth spelt differently

anu _

see this on murthy .cocmvarun2000 : My name in PP, Birth Certificate is Raja Krishna Murthy but in all my transcripts it appears has R. Krishnamurthy. Do I need to take any affidavit on this for my CP interview?

SPEAKER_Attorney_Murthy : Better to get an Affidavit from parents and others spelling out that you have been called by both names at various times in your life. The INS and Consulates tend to give most importance to the Birth Certificate, even more than the information in the PP.
http://www.murthy.com/chat0521.html

http://www.murthy.com/chat0521.html