Pl. recommend lawyer for interview (Case transferred from Vermont)

Hemant Tangri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My case was transferred from Vermont to San Jose recently, and I have been asked to come in for an interview. My lawyer, who is on the East Coast, is reluctant to attend the interview with me. I would feel more comfortable going in with a lawyer.

So:
1. Is it too late to approach another lawyer?
2. Could you please recommend the best lawyer you know.

Thanks

Please post your details Hemanth!!

Even my case has been transferred from NSC to San Diego on Nov/29. When did u get the Interview Notice?. Please post all the details with Transferred date, Interview Date etc... you don\'t need lawyer for an interview.

PD: 03/99, EB2/India, RD: 10/23/00, ND: 11/22/00,
FP: 03/16/01 (San Diego) Transferred Date: 11/29/01,
Received Transferred Notice: 12/08/01

The file is in transit according to San Diego INS

Still waiting on lawyer names, but here are the details that vk wanted

vk,

I believe my case was transferred on 10/2. Got intereview notice yesterday, but this had been forwarded. Notice was sent on 11/23.
Interview date is 2/15

I may not need a lawyer but I prefer to have one for peace of mind. Is it too late for me to get one?

Don\'t worry Hemanth!!

Just get the things done (that have mentioned in the interview notice) & get going. I know it is easy to say. Even I will be going to interview without a lawyer. You really don\'t require lawyer unless if there is something wrong!!

just my 2 cents!!

Thanks Syn, do these guys do the GC for some big companies

or do you just know them by reputation?

Anyone else has any other suggestions?

No Title

Hi Hemant. Both firms are well known for immigration and experienced. They process green cards for big companies.

Fragomen

Do you know of a particular lawyer at this firm to ask for? That may be the only way to deal with Fragomen.

Fragomen are huge and were the lawyers from 2 of the companies that I have worked for. However, the only thing I remember about them is that they screwed up on the easiest things. And their CRM sucks too.

I guess the reason for that was that they would assign cases to legal assistants rather than lawyers, and these people would pretend that they were listening till you found out that they were not.

Baker law firm is suck too

I am used to be a client of Baker law firm. Its service was very bad. Do not expect that you can talk to your lawyer. Nobody will receive your phone call.

Still looking for names of individual lawyers for SJ interview

I am still looking for a lawyer who I can take with me for the I-485 interview at San Jose. I would be grateful for individual names rather than names of law firms, since I could get stuck with a bad lawyer at a good company.

All I need is for him to speak with me once before the interview and then accompany me there. Since everything but the interview is already done, it is not important that he, for example, is good about being in touch constantly through the process.

Thanks

Try Pearl Law Group 415-771-7500

I know you are looking for individual lawyers, but these guys -Pearl Law Grp can recommend names.They are used by my company and so far they have been resonable. They might also recommend lawyers in the south bay, since this firm is in SF. Another lawyer is Ashwin Ladva, again in SF, but I don\'t have his phone#. Don\'t know if he is good or bad. Or Raj Ahluwalia. I have heard both these names through their ads on TV.

Still looking. Noone who can recommend their lawyer to me?

All I need is the name of a lawyer who was good to you, and it would be wonderful if this guy had a good history with your friends too. I am surprised that no one posts with a simple \'Hemant I can happily recommend my lawyer Mr. xxx to you, \'

Says something about lawyers, doesnt it.