Pl. post experiences for AP use at JFK

485/Waiter

Registered Users (C)
I will be using AP to come back at JFK, New York. Please post any good or bad experiences you guys had while entering US. My lawyer indicated that immigration at JFK gives you tough time. Any experience will help me and others be prepared better.
Thanks.
Should we carry any other documents besides AP, EAD and passport.

No Title

We entered with AP through JFK and it was absolutely no trouble. The immigration officer sends you to a different room and you get your I-90 stamped there. They did not ask any questions after we showed the AP documents.

No Title

Technically, the first copy is for the carrier who trasported you from a foreign country into the United States, the second one is for the INS & the third one is for you. I think that this was the arrangement during the earlier days, when this AP business was strictly done on an emergency basis. But these days, when people are given AP as matter of routine, and that too multiple entry, all three copies are generally given back to you. In case the carrier takes a copy, you can always ask them to make a copy of that and return the original to you. They generally oblige....

No Title

You are right, it is I-94. Sorry I am not too good with these form numbers.