Pl. Help - EAD

APHDR

Hey,
EAD is expiring in Dec 2003 for me and my wife. My wife is out of country on vacation and is coming back in end of oct (She also works on EAD).

My company is asking to do the EAD and AP renewal myself (Saving $$ for laywer fee).

My question is can EAD be filed for my wife by me who is out of country for 2 months. I know one needs to be inside the country for Advanced Parole BUT Waht about EAD.

My lawyer says he is NOT sure.

appreciate your help.

You can complete the application except two photos and a signature from your wife.

Originally posted by AP1
Hey,
EAD is expiring in Dec 2003 for me and my wife. My wife is out of country on vacation and is coming back in end of oct (She also works on EAD).

My company is asking to do the EAD and AP renewal myself (Saving $$ for laywer fee).

My question is can EAD be filed for my wife by me who is out of country for 2 months. I know one needs to be inside the country for Advanced Parole BUT Waht about EAD.

My lawyer says he is NOT sure.

appreciate your help.

RE:Applying EAD

To my knowledge, EAD can be applied by you for your wife when she is out of the country. But you need her signature in the form. I would suggest this: talk to an immigration attorney(you can hire them for consultation,say, for an hour) and ask all the doubts you have.

My thoughts...
Raj

All you need are the signatures? Send the form and photos (your wife can get the ADIT style pooroid pics whereever she is) to your wife and get them signed.

Along with the application you also need to send copy (front & back) of her I-94. I am assuming she surrendered her I-94 when she left the country, rite? So you have to wait anyways until she gets a new I-94 on her return.

In any case you are better off consulting an attorney. Good luck.

Thank You all

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

IS sending a copy of I 94 is a must . Can I just provide with A# in the column which ask for A# or I -94 num (I guess it should be either/ or).

Has any of you filed EAD while out of country.

Yes, as far as I know, I-94 is one of the required documents. Look at the Documents required section of the 765 package, they have mentioned it there.

Do not confuse it with what you have to enter on the application. That's just the information you enter on the application and we are talking about attaching the required documents