pio or oci - Need to travel to India in Oct

it_sucks

I have applied for my daugter's (7 months old) (US) passport a month ago and i will be gettting it by end of Sep '07. We need to go to india by end of October 07.

Basically I have a month to get some kind of visa or OCI or PIO

So what are my options?.

Can I apply for OCI? do you think I can get it by that time frame? Do I need to wait until i get my daugter's US passport?

How long does it take to get PIO in NY?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

TIA!!!

The OCI requires US passport details since it is basically a lifetime visa so you will not be able to file it till she gets her us pp. Look up the tracker in the OCI forum for NY consulate to get an idea of proc times, generally 8 weeks.
Don't know much about PIO, so can't help you there. You can always get a short term visitor/tourist visa and do the pio/oci after you return.

I have applied for my daugter's (7 months old) (US) passport a month ago and i will be gettting it by end of Sep '07. We need to go to india by end of October 07.

So what are my options?.

Can I apply for OCI? do you think I can get it by that time frame? Do I need to wait until i get my daugter's US passport?

TIA!!!

Are you or your spouse US citizens? If neither of you is, you will not be able to get OCI for your minor child. I don't think you need the original passport but you need a photocopy which means you will have to wait until you get her passport. Below is a link giving you more information on OCI.
http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/oci.asp

Regarding PIO, yes, you will need to send her original passport. Below is a link for a PIO application.
http://www.indianembassy.org/consular/pio.pdf

Bottom line, you need to have her passport before you can apply for Indian visa/PIO/OCI.

You should be able to obtain more information including contact information from this site: http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/default.asp

So what are my options?.

TIA!!!

You WILL have to wait until you receive your daughter's US Passport. It is recommended that, for children, you get the PIO card. It is valid for 15 years and is $155 for children. The processing time for a PIO card is usually anywhere between 3 to 4 weeks.

What are you providing for your daughter as proof of current US address ?

The PIO application says two documents showing proof of address are required.

I'm applying for my son and was wondering what to use.

What are you providing for your daughter as proof of current US address ?

The PIO application says two documents showing proof of address are required.

I'm applying for my son and was wondering what to use.

You can use any utility bills and also copy of your driver's license