PIO card documents

pt

Registered Users (C)
Does somebody know...what are the documents required for PIO card.

Thanks..

Recently i got a PIO card for my son.

Your and your wife's passpost copy along with the peroper form and fees. That's it.

Copy of your child's passport, Photos and Thumb Impression..(forgot either left or right thumb)..

How long it takes?

How long it takes to receive the PIO card from the day you file the application?

But Where to apply

Indian embassy or consulate general of india..which one more efficient. I am in Colorado.
Thanks

I applied for my son at Consulate General of India -NY in person last friday, 08-Aug, and approved today 12-Aug.
They asked me the following documents:
1. 4 recent PP size photos
2. Current Valid Passport
3. Copy of the Passport
3. Birth Certificate
4. Copy of the Birth Certificate
5. Passport of the Parents (both father and mother)
6. Copies of Passpoert of the parents (First 5 and last 2 pages)
7. Birth Certificate of the Parents
8. Copy of the Birth Certificate of the Parents
9. $155 processing fee
10. $15 Postal fee, if the PIO card need to sent to you by post.

In the PIO card form take thumb impression of the baby (LEFT for boy, RIGHT for girl) in 4 places.

In the Evidence of Residence in India, i beleive 13 or 14 point in the form, enter baby's gradpa/grandma information. In my case they ensured this.

For further information go to "indiacg" website.

Hope this is of some help.

Good Luck.

$155 is the processing fee for a minor - $310 is for an adult.

For an adult - a 10 year tourist/business VISA would cost $150.

Just letting you know all options.

To MuraliMM

Thanks for valubale information Mr.Murali

I am about to apply for POI card for my baby daughter at WashingtonDC Indian Embassy by sending the application through Post/courier

I assume DC office requires same kind of documents as NY office.

The question i have is, Do i need to send original passports and birth certificates of the parents also to the consulate along with the application or just copies will do?

Please advise soon.. thanks in advance

My experience

I recently did get PIO card for my 2 year old son at SFO. I sent all the required documents they had mentioned on their web sites in the form of notarized photocopies. I did not send any originals. Along with $155 as a processing fee if we send additional $15 they will arrange to mail the card through UPS or DHL. It takes somewhere between 3-4 weeks for getting the card in the mail.

http://www.indianconsulate-sf.org/

Hope this helps.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KMANDY

kvpt_mm:
If applying by post, only notorized photocopies of the documents to be sent. After review, if they ask specifically to send the originals, then you may have to send the originals. Like Swaiting mentioned, check with the website and also call the information to make sure the procedure.
Hope this helps!
Good Luck!

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to notorized the photocopies?
Today I had gone to our Town Hall to notorized the documents but according to them they can only notorized the signature and not the thumb impression.

Am I missing something.

Unbelievable.:confused:

Unbelievable

thumb impression not needed.

Go to ur bank and there will be a notary public. Just tell them that u need the docs notarized. They will stamp it and sign it. Take originals also...

Venky73,

Thanks for your response but I asked the consulate people earlier they said they need the thumb impression. And one more thing, according to the Town Hall people, document can not be notorized but the signature can be.

I am trying consulate again but not getting them. Nobody is in the receiption also!!!! :eek:

Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

Thanks venky73.

Today I have gone to my bank and they did notorized my documents. These town hall clerks are sucks.

Unbelievable.