PIO card delay

akilhere

Registered Users (C)
My son's PIO card has been in process at the Washington DC embassy since Jul 23rd 08. I tried calling, emailing and even sent faxes but no response. Is anybody in the same boat?? I thought it took 3 business weeks but mine's been there for 6 weeks already.
I did find out that my cashier's check had been cashed in the first week of August.

If you have not received yet, try to call the PIO number almost everyday OR if you can, go the Embassy.
My son's application reached the Embassy at Washington DC on 18th August 2008. I started calling the Embassy after 3 Business weeks. I emailed, faxed and left voice mails, but did not hear anything back. I used to call the number for PIO card, and leave messages almost everyday after 25 business days. I did not get any reply. At last on 30th Sep, a lady did pickup the phone (on the PIO line). For a moment I thought it might the voice prompting me to leave the message. She was courteous. She told me that she received the application on August 30th even though USPS had delivered to the Embassy on 18th. I received the PIO card the very next morning.

I guess I should have submitted the application personally at the Embassy, which would have definitely made things faster.

Never expect anything from Indian embassy at washington dc.these guys are pathetic.I am so frustrated about Indian embassy staff that it requires lot of patience to handle the situation.We need to do some thing to report to Indian ambassaoor about their attitude.They dont care for anyone.I was just wondering why they have revealed their phone numbers.Imagine a emergency situation where a person of indian origin need to contact embassy.I bet you we cannot contact any embassy staff.Come o n embassy folks we are in most advanced country .try to do your job.its been more than 8 weeks and i have not received pio card.tried all the alternatives but gave up as no one care to answer the indian embassy number at washington dc.I wonder how the diplomatic folks contact these embassy office.may be they have diffrent phone number.

What is the PIO card number? I am in the same situation and could not reach anyone. My application is with Houston Consulate. I tried calling Houston numbers several times and no one is picking up.