PIO Card Application and 21 Month old

hamguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

I am planning to apply for a PIO card for my 21 month old son and am wondering if a thumb impression is what I need for his signature on the form, or if I need to sign and indicate that I am his father.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Thanks much in advance!

hamguy said:
Hi:

I am planning to apply for a PIO card for my 21 month old son and am wondering if a thumb impression is what I need for his signature on the form, or if I need to sign and indicate that I am his father.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Thanks much in advance!

I applied for and recieved my (then) 6 month old son's PIO card in February. We had his thumb print affixed on the form. The PIO card arrived with the baby's photograph, and the thumb print cut-out and laminated. So, I guess the answer is that you need his thumb impression.

thumb impression or your signiture

thumb impression is better.

I went to the consulate for my 23 month old without one. They asked me to sign there and state my relation as father next to the sign. Hope this helps

Mail

Can we mail the application?

What docuements we need to submit with the applications?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Great Service at SFO for PIO Card- Just 1 WEEK.

Guys, I appplied PIO Card for my daughter last week friday at SFO-Indian Consulate . I have received the same today. It took exactly ONE WEEK To receive the same.

I went in Person with the following documents.

1. Notarized copy of my PP (all pages) - cover page notarized
2. Notarized copy of spouse PP (all pages) - cover page notarized
3. First page notarized for the baby PP.
4. Fee $155 + $15 for Return DHL. So total $170 paid in cash.
5. Application can be filled online in PDF and take 2 copies of the same.
6. 4 PP Photos with Front Facing. Background should be white/light colour background. I took White color.

Also I kept all the Originals in another file for reference purpose.

They did not check anything. Took my application and Exactly one week I got my PIO card.

PIO looks like Indian Passport with only 4 pages.

Good Luck and All the best.

Cheers, Nanban

With PIO card do you have to register after every 6 months if you stay in India for 3 years continuously?