PIO at Washington DC - goof up - need help

sriabap

Registered Users (C)
Folks, my wife and kids are planning to move back to India on Mar 27. With this in mind, I sent my kids PIO to my friend who dropped off today at the embassy hoping it would take the 15 working days. They gave him the receipt date as Mar 28th as they are backlogged. I told my friend not to drop off if there was a delay but he did. I thought if this process was delayed, I can apply for visas instead. What are my options? My tickets can be changed but are more expensive than the PIO / VISA hassles. Can this be expedited?

Thanks for any replies.

I am not sure about expediating PIO but you can get visa very quickly. Only thing is, you will have to get your passport fromt here. Now a days they have outsourced Visa to another agency so you may need your passport out of consulate.

While you go to pick up the passport, you may be able to show them tickets and ask for faster processing. I know for passport renewal, they charge more but can issue passport same day. I am sure they can do it if they want to.
Good luck !!!

Hi,
I too applying for PIO card for my newborn son at Washington Indian Embassy through mail, and after going thru some of the threads related to this topic and washington Indian Embassy website regarding applying PIO by mail i have few doubts which requires clarification urgently.Any help in this regard by the members of this forum will be very helpful to me and it will be highly appreciated in all the aspect.Thanks in advance for your valuable clarifications.

1 ) What are all the documents i need to send along with PIO application form to Washington Indian Embassy if i am applying by mail?

2 ) Whether i need to send my son USA ORIGINAL passport by mail to Washington Indian Embassy or photo copy is enough? will it be safe if i need to send the original USA passport by mail? and after processing PIO card for my son how embassy will return back my son USA original passport to me?

3 ) what are all the documents needs to be notarized while sending PIO application thru mail?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend just picked up my PIO cards for my kids. We had to pull some strings to get it done before the given date. All in all I am happy in the end.

For Gana, you pretty much send everything they requested in the form. Yes Original passports for your children. No need to notarize anything. Atleast I did not.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend just picked up my PIO cards for my kids. We had to pull some strings to get it done before the given date. All in all I am happy in the end.

Can you explain what you did to expedite? It will surely help some depressed souls in the forum..
I am curious what the pulling the strings meant..

Sorry for misleading folks by saying "pulling some strings". My cousin's friend works over there and we had to show them the proof of travel which we booked. Actually I am sure it would work for anybody because based on the web site instructions it said, 15 working days to process. I booked my tickets much after that but the consulate said that they are flooded with applications. We just had to show the itinerary and request them. That's all there is to it.