PIO application at NYCGI - no response

dougalted

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I have applied for my wife's PIO visa at the New York office in April 2008. According to the USPS tracker they have delivered the package on April 24th, 2008. So far (this is June 8th, 2008) I have received no response at all.

Could someone please tell me what should be the next step? Should I call them? Or email? It has been nearly 7 weeks and no PIO yet, is this normal or is it time to worry?

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks and regards

This is scary.. I was hoping to get PIO in 3 weeks.. as I plan to apply for it after my citizenship process is complete and travel end of July to India. I believe you should try to call them now. They say on their web site PIO should take 3 to 4 weeks. So I see your processing is definitely outside that time frame..

Applied PIo Card to NYCGI on May 17th and no response yet

Applied for PIO Card to NYCGI on May 17th and no response yet.

Have you tried to contact them? I thought they should process PIO in 3 weeks.. At least that is what their web site say..

Hi ReturnHome,
How does one go about contacting the NY consulate? Most posts I have read about this mentions that they (consulate people) do not pick up the phone nor do they answer emails. Any idea is appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Getting in touch with NYC Consulate is almost impossible via phone or email. I have tried calling all the numbers listed on their website during the hours posted, and they are either busy or it goes to voice mail. Leaving a message is useless. SO I tried contacting them via their Contact US Form - and via EMail - and of course it goes into a black hole. The only other option would be to physically visit them in NYC if you live in NY/NJ/CT to check - but not sure if this would help.

I was also hoping to apply for the PIO Card - rather than the 1 or 5 year visa - since I needed to travel to India at the end of the month. But with the messages posted here - it seems too risky to bank on getting it back before the end of the month. It looks like a better option may be to get the 1 year visa for $98 and then apply for the OCI ($275) when I come back - so total fee is about the same as just the PIO card ($365). Visas processing time is just a day so there is no risk if your travel plans are in near future.

I'm going to wait till next week to see if I get the PIO Card.Otherwise I'm going to get the Visa since I'm going to India in the month end

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your responses. Can someone that has recently got a PIO visa from the NY consulate please confirm the time-line? Is it possible they have just slowed down?

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards,